10 inch Servo Sub

jimbones

10 inch Servo Sub
« on: 30 Sep 2016, 03:13 pm »
A question for Dan: I'd like to retrofit an existing cabinet that would accommodate a 10 driver and I would like to use your amp. Do you have any 10 inch woofers or are there any drivers that would work with your amp? I assume it cant be any DVC woofer?

Danny Richie

Re: 10 inch Servo Sub
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2016, 03:34 pm »
A question for Dan: I'd like to retrofit an existing cabinet that would accommodate a 10 driver and I would like to use your amp. Do you have any 10 inch woofers or are there any drivers that would work with your amp? I assume it cant be any DVC woofer?

We currently do not have any 10" servo woofers.

With the 12" woofer only needing 1.8 cubic feet of air space (not much) it allows our 12" woofer cabinet to be smaller than most subs using 10" woofers. And we really gain nothing by going down to a smaller driver.

jimbones

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2016, 06:12 pm »
understood. My baffle width is limited. Can I use a generic DVC with you amp? I would rather use your drivers but.....

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2016, 11:15 pm »
understood. My baffle width is limited. Can I use a generic DVC with you amp? I would rather use your drivers but.....

Technically I believe it will. I'd look only at the HX300 amp for that application.