Hello!

SuffolkIan

Hello!
« on: 29 May 2024, 12:00 pm »
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi from Suffolk in the UK.

I hope to soon be an owner of some Bryston cubed series amplifiers to drive my PMC Fact12 Signature. I have a question that I’m certain will have been asked before but I’m not yet able to search and Google hasn’t turned much up! What are people’s thoughts on difference between a pair of 7B3 or a 14B3? I can currently purchase both used for a similar price, my gut says 7B3, head for some reason is saying 14B3. Of course, if I find a pair of 28B3 there will be no contest.

Thanks in advance for any help, I look forward to joining you all as an owner and forum member.

Ian

Ron D

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2024, 05:31 pm »
While you would have to confirm it through maybe pouring over various reviews I do believe the 7Bs have more capacitors/capacitance in total versus the 14B. At least that was the case when I moved from a 14BSST to squared 7Bs a long time ago.

The monoblocks offer the ability to be placed closer to the speakers resulting in shorter speakers cables if that's desirable.

The monoblocks are much easier to move around if there is a requirement to do so

SuffolkIan

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2024, 06:30 pm »
Hi Ron, thanks for the reply.

I too had heard that the 7B had more capacitance, I’m think I also read that this was no longer the case with the cubed series 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fortunately moving them about won’t be necessary very often!

Ian