Question for tempest owners about phono inputs.

robbiesurp

« on: 9 Dec 2005, 02:24 am »
Hello,

I recently purchased a used tempest. I hadn't planned on using the phono inputs but my wright sound phono pre just died on me and has to be repaired. When I switched the tempest to phono I noticed that there is a loud buzz from the MM side and loud radio station interference from the MC side. The buzz and radio interference stays the same with or without an input. I've tried a Shure v15xmr for the MM side and a Denon 103R for the MC side. In both cases adding an input doesn't change the amount of noise or RF interference. I've never had any problems with any other components I've owned. Otherwise the tempest is very quiet.

Do any of you Tempest owners have noise in your phono section without any input? What could I do to troubleshoot this? I've called Klaus a few times and I keep catching him when he can't talk. I've e-mailed him and gotten no response. Thanks for any help.

djbnh

« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2005, 04:11 am »
Just piping in because I use the DL103R in the MC, and have not had the issue you described. I agree that calling Klaus will expedite resolving the problem.