Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Avengers: Infinity War
« on: 30 Apr 2018, 03:21 am »
Just got back from seeing it and holy fckng SH!T is all I can say.   :o

Folsom

Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2018, 07:37 am »
Believe it or not I think my mother wants to see it when she's in town... I guess your review works for me.

Audiogeek2

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2018, 07:45 am »
Kids loved it, was good fun to watch.
Nonstop action!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2018, 11:18 am »
Just got back from seeing it and holy fckng SH!T is all I can say.   :o

Wanted to see it with my boys, but since I didn't order tickets in advance, we had no shot.

Looked for tickets tonight and tomorrow night and still everything short of a 10:00pm start is booked completely.   :bawl:

George

rave959

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2018, 02:51 pm »
Amazing movie.  Saw it with the wife and my brother (and his family).  Everyone loved it.  There are some curse words here and there, so it might not be suitable for the really young ones (depending on one's discretion).  Otherwise, they tied all the movies that led to this point nicely.  I think it's already the highest grossing movie, ever for opening weekend:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/29/media/avengers-infinity-war-box-office-opening/index.html

Ian

MarkR7

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2018, 05:44 pm »
Loved it! I went in thinking an afternoon of mindless entertainment and lots of action, but damn, the storyline was great, the character interactions were awesome, and yes, all the action! My wife loved it too.  She want's the Blu-ray already!

Well done Marvel! Highly recommended!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2018, 02:23 am »
Managed to find a theater that wasn't sold out and just got back from seeing it with my 16 year old son who is extremely into Marvel and other comics.

We both found it extremely engaging and the 160 minutes flew by so fast that I had to look at my watch to really confirm that we had been watching a movie for almost three hours.  The only part that didn't fly by was waiting for the post credits scene!!

Without getting into the plot and giving anything away, I can say that they did a masterful job of bringing all of the Marvel characters together with the right mix of action , laughs, and even a few touchy-feely moments.

Highly recommended!!

George

md92468

« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2018, 02:56 am »
Believe it or not I think my mother wants to see it when she's in town... I guess your review works for me.

FWIW, my 78-year-old mother loved it...came with me on opening night ;)

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 1 May 2018, 04:30 am »
FWIW, my 78-year-old mother loved it...came with me on opening night ;)

Was here favorite part finding Stan Lee's cameo appearance?  :lol:

I am going to watch it tonight in DML 5.1 channel mode.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2018, 08:58 am »
I am very disappointed in this movie. That's all I can say without giving away any spoilers....Although better then the Last Jedi this is the result of it being owned by Disney.

ctviggen

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2018, 09:19 am »
I am very disappointed in this movie. That's all I can say without giving away any spoilers....Although better then the Last Jedi this is the result of it being owned by Disney.

I thought the Last Jedi was awesome.  For the Avengers, I don't know enough about them.  I haven't watched many (maybe 4?) of the other movies and never was a fan of comic books.  I'll probably see it when it's on bluray, though.

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2018, 11:01 pm »
I hope it just wasn't their way to decided who to keep based on how much pay they command vs. fan reception.

After watching it and it says, "Thanos will return", my mother turns to me and asks, "who's thay-nohs?"  :duh:

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 1 May 2018, 11:30 pm »
Not sure if what I am going to say is a spoiler but just in case SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

For Hulk fans the Hulk only fully appeared in the beginning of the whole entire movie for around 20 seconds because Disney decided to make the Hulk a coward.

Bendingwave

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 1 May 2018, 11:36 pm »
delete my bad hit the wrong button.

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #14 on: 2 May 2018, 03:33 am »
Saw it last Thursday (1 day *before* the premier) at the IMAX; first screening at the newly opened theatre here in Canada.

Folsom

« Reply #15 on: 2 May 2018, 03:37 am »
What I found weird is that Thanos isn't half as evil as he was in the comics... In the comics he was obsessed with death, trying to appease lady death by slaughtering millions or billions or whatever.

wushuliu

« Reply #16 on: 7 May 2018, 05:24 am »
Downey gets the biggest check, but it's Chris Evans as Cap that makes these more than just comic book movies. I almost feel bad that his talent has been pigeonholed for 10yrs with this franchise. Every time he is on screen the stakes become real, the deaths become real, the consequences and the choices made become real. I don't know how he does it.

Chris Pratt made me laugh harder in a theater than I have in years. Brolin makes a purple CGI villain work better than it should. The climax was a bit much and makes me less interested in Part 2. I mean, you know what will happen, just a question of how.

JohnR

« Reply #17 on: 7 May 2018, 10:31 am »
I'm still unclear on why the battlefield scene was necessary / made any sense, but overall a nice loud enjoyable experience - just what I needed :)