NTAJ What are we going to do?

cryoparts

Re: NTAJ What are we going to do?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:39 pm »
Hey Guys,

When I get the listening room in my shop finalized, I'll host a meet.  Knowing how long I take to do things, it may be a while before I get everything squared away though...

I don't check the forums that often/almost never, and never can seem to find the time to attend a meet (well, once at Art's old house I was able to), so if this sounds like a good idea, someone shoot me an e-mail in a couple of months, perhaps we can make it happen.

Peace,

Lee

nrenter

« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:44 pm »
Lee,

Where's your new shop going to be located?

- Nicholas

cryoparts

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:52 pm »
Lee,

Where's your new shop going to be located?

- Nicholas

Hey Nicholas! 

Three locations are under consideration, all within 10 miles of Flower Mound.  So, barring a new option presenting itself in another area, it will somewhat centrally located for the Metroplex Jammers.   

I'll shoot you an e-mail when I've decided, it may just be around the corner from us!

Lee

nrenter

« Reply #23 on: 17 Oct 2007, 12:12 am »
I was really hoping you were going to say it would be in the 'mound. We could use something other than donut shops, nail salons, and dry cleaners.

cryoparts

« Reply #24 on: 17 Oct 2007, 12:19 am »
I was really hoping you were going to say it would be in the 'mound. We could use something other than donut shops, nail salons, and dry cleaners.

Ha, isn't that the truth.  We could always hope for another "upscale" chain restaurant!   :o

If not in FM proper, it will be close.

Lee

arthurs

« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2007, 02:14 am »
LEE !  Good to hear from you buddy, long time no talk.  Keep me posted on timing and location and we'll definitely pull something appropriate together for your new place.

Take it easy and don't be a stranger - Art

Sarmck

« Reply #26 on: 17 Oct 2007, 02:53 am »
Hi Folks,

As Scott F. posted, I am new to the DFW area.  I've been here for a couple of months due to a job transfer.  I've been lurking in this forum for a little while but now the cat is out of the bag.  Those great guys in the GAS (Gateway Audio Society) have taken my listening experiences to a whole new level and I'm sure that will continue to increase here in the this area. 

I am just now getting around to building a pair of Bottlehead Paramounts in 2A3 stock form.  My first set of SETs.  Initially they'll power a pair of La Scalas and eventually a pair of Fostex speakers in a BLH configuration.  And so far it's been fun for a first DIY project.  I hope to finish them soon.

I will keep my eyes open for any upcoming events here in the area as I am looking forward to meeting my new audio buddies.

Sorry to hijack the thread but just wanted to say "Hi".

Ron

cryoparts

« Reply #27 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:33 am »
LEE !  Good to hear from you buddy, long time no talk.  Keep me posted on timing and location and we'll definitely pull something appropriate together for your new place.

Take it easy and don't be a stranger - Art

Hey Art,

I talked with Brian at RMAF and he mentioned that you had totally changed your system to all VAC gear (mostly), but it appears your profile is "down for repairs" at the moment.  I'll take a look next time I make it over here to AC, I've always had a great deal of respect and admiration for Kevin's electronic and aesthetic design sense.

I'll keep you informed on timing.

Peace,

Lee 

nrenter

« Reply #28 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:39 pm »
Lee,

What's your vision for your place? Will you have systems on display?

- Nicholas

Off topic, I know...Don't care, though.

Hoots

« Reply #29 on: 20 Oct 2007, 05:01 am »
I live in Flower Mound and would be interested in an activity....

Last weekend I did some comparison listening between several different copies of Led Zeppelin II
* Robert Ludwig original "RL" etched in dead wax
* same catalog pressing w/o "RL" ..."AT" instead
* Classic Records re-issue
* Original CD
* Remaster CD

I also compared the new Hoffman ZZTOP Tres Hombres on 200g vinyl to original CD and box set CD

Huge differences....fun rock

I've got some BLUE NOTE Hoffman/Gray 45 rpm re-issues on order which are sure to please....when they are released I'll bring them to a gtg;  SOUL STATION & BLUE TRAIN for sure.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #30 on: 20 Oct 2007, 03:04 pm »
Well, can I play?  I live in the largest rice paddy in the state, Houston, but my heart is in North Texas although, I must confess, San Antonio is my Texas favorite city.  I’m writin an ode to The Jazz Workshop.  I know what yer thinking . . what the heck does that have to do with Texas, or, with us for that matter?  It’s is/was a place near and dear to me where I enriched my musical experience and live music was ingrained in me in my formative years in San Francisco.  I’m gonna send it around to places like The New Yorker, odd as that may sound, but it could be seen here first.  And, of course, I would welcome visits by all to listen to music and talk shoppe.

My system might offend the sensibility of some of you guys it’s so quaint and small but I own an eclectic bunch of music you can enjoy and I don’t smoke or fart out loud.  You’ll leave hear smarter than you came.  And we can bash Bush.  You know he’s intellectually lazy and that’s why he so readily accepts the advice of others and can’t tell good advice from bad.  That’s the reason he’s so isolated, too.  It ain’t got nothing to do with principal.

I’m pretty creative so’s maybe I could come up with some group ideas down the road.

Whadda I got to do?

Jim Goulding

PS- Anybody up there listen to NTSU radio?

(24 hours later)  Uh oh . . I think I made a bad.  Nobody's talkin or sayin.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2007, 07:22 am by jimdgoulding »

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #31 on: 22 Oct 2007, 04:38 pm »
And we can bash Bush.  You know he’s intellectually lazy and that’s why he so readily accepts the advice of others and can’t tell good advice from bad.  That’s the reason he’s so isolated, too.

He may not be as "isolated" as you seem to believe here in Texas......

jimdgoulding

« Reply #32 on: 22 Oct 2007, 06:23 pm »
I meant ideologically.  Back to topic.

cryoparts

« Reply #33 on: 22 Oct 2007, 07:13 pm »
Lee,

What's your vision for your place? Will you have systems on display?

- Nicholas

Off topic, I know...Don't care, though.

Hi Nicholas,

It will be "just a shop", ie., a warehouse with an office, a listening room, an area with a bunch of workbenches and another area with some shelves to hold inventory and parts...nothing too exciting I'm afraid; unless you get excited by high end soldering stations, spools of wire and bins of audiophile parts...it's a sickness.   :lol: 

I probably won't sell retail out of the space as I really don't want to be "tied" to the shop with defined hours.  I want to be able to come and go as I please...maybe even run home for a nap once in a while... :D  However, I could probably be talked into allowing other locals to play with the gear in the listening room while I am working in the back, or letting others take a "tour" (an awfully short and boring tour) of the place, or "hang out".

Hopefully I'll get everything squared away soon.  Knowing me, it will be a while, so don't count on anything happening soon.

Sorry for the delayed response.  I almost never check the forums, and virtually never check my PM's.  Best way to reach me is via e-mail, which can be accessed from one of my websites.

Peace,

Lee

jimdgoulding

« Reply #34 on: 28 Oct 2007, 02:05 am »
As I explained to KCI . . we wouldn't really sit around talkin about Bush.  Whadda kiddin me?  I was just trying to be a little provocative.  Nothing before music.  Thanks, KCI.  Anybody out there besides you?