SOLD: Pioneer Elite DV-45A Universal Player

jholtz

SOLD: Pioneer Elite DV-45A Universal Player
« on: 6 Jul 2007, 04:53 pm »
This is a near new Pioneer Elite DV-45A Universal player that I purchased for audio use sometime ago when I decided to get into SACD and DVD-A audio. I bought the player new and recapped the analog output stage with Blackgates and both Nichcon Muse KZ and Fine Gold caps with Sonicap Gen. II bypasses on the Blackgates to bring the sound quality up to reference level. This made a substantial difference in sound quality. It lifted the veil of the stock player and made it very open and musical sounding in my system.

Why is this near new? Soon after getting everything just the way I wanted it, I became infatuated with the Squeezebox and bought a Red Wine Audio modded unit. The incredible convenience of having your whole CD collection at your finger tips has spoiled me. I’ve not used the DV-45A for more than a handful of CD’s since acquiring the Squeezebox. It has essentially set in my rack unused.

I’ve not used it for video other than setting it up. Video, however seems to be quite good. It is an excellent SACD/DVD-A/CD/Transport playback unit that I think is one of the best affordable sounding players available.

Since it has been used so little, it is in pristine condition without any marks, scrapes or scratches and it’s never been stacked with other components. It is an easy Audiogon 9/10 rating. Sorry for the glare on the face plate picture. It is very high gloss and difficult to get a picture with out a reflection.

The price is $235 with shipping and Paypal fees included to the lower 48 states. Remote, manual and original carton are included.

Here is a link to pictures: http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?homevdeo&1188924692&item

Thanks for looking!

Jim
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2007, 01:24 pm by jholtz »