Pair of Ultimate 70's

AVA convert

Pair of Ultimate 70's
« on: 27 Dec 2009, 04:29 pm »
Well, I don't post much here, but I do read a lot of the threads and really enjoy what everyone has to say. With that said, I hope I can post this correctly!

After months of much thought, I have decided to part with my pair of Ultimate 70's. I bought these from Frank in May of 2007, and if they have 25 hours of my use, I would be surprised. I am not home a lot and I tend to use my pair of Ultra 550's the most. One U70 has JJ EL34 outputs and the other has "NEW" EH 6CA7 that doesn't have more than 4 hours on them.
They don't have serial numbers, but I do have two different INV. #, one being, 143409 and the other being, 14309. I think there may have been a typo on the invoices. I am hoping maybe Frank will respond to this post and give everyone better details on these amps, thanks Frank. I am sure anyone reading this is much more educated on the beauty of these amps than I am so won't waste everyone's time by trying to discribe them. They have not had the latest DIY wire swap upgrade.

I feel these amps are worth $650.00 each, but might discuss if everyone else disagree's.

Now, with that said, I will attempt to load a picture of them!

Art_Chicago

Re: Pair of Ultimate 70's
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2009, 06:55 pm »
are they sold separately?
You may post it in Trading Post. good luck with the sale

AVA convert

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2009, 07:31 pm »
I am willing to sell separately, but would be nice if they went together.

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2009, 08:29 pm »
If you do the power supply upgrade you probably won't have them for sale any more.

Regards,

Frank

rlee8394

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2009, 05:34 am »
AVA Convert,
I feel these amps are worth $650.00 each, but might discuss if everyone else disagree's.

Yeah, I disagree. I think you're giving them away at that price. The transformers and chassis are worth nearly $510! AVA charges about $900.00 to do the upgrade. Dynakitparts sells a complete kit for $650.00, and I don't think it would outperform the Ultimate 70. Do like Frank says, and perform the power supply wire swap. Listen again, and feel good about keeping them. If your still intent on selling them, I'd base the selling price off of the new UltraValve unit price of $1695.00. Although used, if they have as low hours as you say, I'd say they should fetch between $1000.00 and $1200.00. Or, send to Frank to sell and pick up new AVA gear, like the new Vision DAC.

Just my $0.02 worth,
Ron

AVA convert

« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2009, 02:41 am »
I agree with both of you, but, I decided to ask less for a couple reasons. One, if I am not mistaken, these were not built by Frank, but they were given Franks blessing when they were traded in for more power. They are built on original Dynaco chasis that are decent and of course as everyone knows, they sound awesome, which brings me to the second reason. I am NOT selling them because I don't like them, I just don't use them and want the money for other things. I felt I would throw them out here to people who really appreciate them first, but if there is no interest in the next few day's they will go to the auction blocks ie: Agon and E-bay.
Thanks for the great input!!!

cdorval1

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2009, 08:47 pm »
Hi AVA Convert,

You have a PM.

AVA convert

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2010, 09:00 pm »
Thanks everyone, these Ultimate 70s now have new homes!