FREE! David Chesky's 2023 Music Sampler

WGH

FREE! David Chesky's 2023 Music Sampler
« on: 24 Jun 2023, 06:31 pm »
David Cheskey's The Audiophile Society 2023 Music Sampler is a free 12 track hi-res download.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/a-message-from-david-chesky-welcome-the-absolute-sound-listeners-and-hifi-subscribers/

The 12 WAV tracks are 24bit/192kHz. I use dBpoweramp to convert the tracks to 24bit/96kHz for my NOS friends. I'll even convert to 16bit/44.1kHz and burn a CD for the luddites in our audio club.

The 3.89 GB ZIP download includes speaker and headphone mixes too.

"Many of you might know of me as a Grammy-nominated pianist and composer. Others may recognize me as the founder of Chesky Records and HDtracks, who pioneered the HD platform decades ago when high-definition music was in its infancy. I want to continue pushing the boundaries of audio through the launch of our new label, The Audiophile Society.

"To get to the point: my goal is to make the immersive 3D audio experience accessible to everyone with our proprietary 2-channel-binaural 3D Mega-Dimensional sound.

"At The Audiophile Society we have chosen to stop looking at the physical differences between speakers and headphones as a limitation. Instead, we want to maximize the listening experience, to take advantage of psychoacoustic aural phenomena to ensure you get a fuller, deeper, more spacious listening experience, no matter where or how you listen to our music. We do this by taking the time to craft individual mixes for both speakers and headphones, and offer them in DSD, ALAC, and WAV formats.

"Audiophiles should no longer have to compromise the listening experience for balance across mediums. The second you play these recordings in the proper equilateral listening triangle you will be hit by a MASSIVE soundstage, with incredible space and depth. Don’t just take my word for it; read what the critics are saying about our sound!

"We have so many more plans and special projects for audiophiles in the works, and we’d like you to sign up for our newsletter so we can stay connected. In exchange, we’re giving away one of a sampler with selections from our most popular albums absolutely for FREE! $0! 100% on the house! "

David Chesky

Don_S

Re: FREE! David Chesky's 2023 Music Sampler
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2023, 07:29 pm »
I found it necessary to enter my email address and mailing address to move to the billing portion. Then the download was free.

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2023, 08:47 pm »
Just listened to the entire sampler, the soundstage is ginormous with excellent sound quality. The tracks also have deep, tight bass; David Chesky loves his subterranean bass, this music will make love to your subwoofers. Good music and demo quality to boot.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2023, 07:00 am »
The first song is by his daughter. She is around 15 years old and has a great voice. Check out her album Soul on Soul.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2023, 03:34 pm »
Listening to this right now and have to agree on the supersubbass sounding really good. The song Café is crazy good.