The Absolute Sound at RMAF

Tubeburner

The Absolute Sound at RMAF
« on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:00 am »
Has any mambers who purchased the Absolute Sound at RMAF received their magazine? I have contacted them, but cannot get an answer. Just curious if others are having this problem.

Thanks for the help!

AliG

Re: The Absolute Sound at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:14 am »
Yes I have received mine

Has any mambers who purchased the Absolute Sound at RMAF received their magazine? I have contacted them, but cannot get an answer. Just curious if others are having this problem.

Thanks for the help!

Cacophonix

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:25 am »
Nope. Not here.

I called their customer service, and those guys had no clue what i was talking about. Maybe it was my accent?  :scratch: NOT!!  :evil:

They asked me to contact the person who took the order and i don't have any information about the lady who took down my information and the money.  :oops:

Tubeburner

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2008, 01:19 pm »
I have contacted customer service by email and get the run around. Did the ones who paid cash disappear into her pocket? I still do not have an explanation in over a week now.

Tubeburner

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2008, 09:34 pm »
Spoke to The Absolute Sound today and they have no idea who the agent was at RMAF. They sent it to a supervisor. Hurry up and wait.

Tubeburner

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2008, 02:55 am »
I contacted the co-producers of the RMAF and received a nice reply:

Thank you for your inquiry about your TAS subscription. I have contacted them and forwarded your email to our advertising contact. Al just got off the phone with her and she said she has forwarded your email to the correct person.

I have also asked them to let me know who people can contact if they are having the same problem. If you don't mind, I would like you to post the information when I receive it on your AudioCircle forum. Please let me know when you hear something from then, and if it is not soon, I will contact them again.

Al and I appreciate your support of RMAF and we hope you enjoyed this year's show. We are working diligently with our website designer to update the site for the 2008 show and if you have any suggestions, we always welcome your input.

Tubeburner

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2008, 05:53 pm »
It appears TAS does not read the emails and sends a form email as I receive this statement from them like they are clueless. This is after several emails and a phone call. I believe the people at RMAF are good people. TAS has too many "agents" and not enough real people who actually handle the issue:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your subscription to The Absolute Sound.

We are having trouble locating your account using the information provided.

Please let us know if you have entered the order with any other name and address. This is for our verification.

Once we have this information, we will be able to better assist you.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Julie, Customer Service
The Absolute Sound
PO Box 600
Mt Morris IL  61054

Phone  (888)732-1625
       (815-734-5833
Fax    (815)734-1223

Tubeburner

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2008, 01:56 am »
Still no word from RMAF or TAS.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2008, 02:10 am »

Thanks for the help!

Yeap, tho they double-charged me for the $25/3 yrs. deal.  Took several calls before I got $25 back.

Cacophonix

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jan 2008, 05:42 am »
Atleast you are one of the (only?) lucky people who atleast has some record of your signup. I signed up for the $25/3 yrs deal as well, and no one at TAS publication seems to have a clue about it.

kyrill

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2008, 01:10 pm »
this would not have happened under Harry Pearson..

MaxCast

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jan 2008, 01:14 pm »
How much did they charge?  I just renewed for 5 bucks. :)

Tubeburner

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jan 2008, 02:14 pm »
They charged ten dollars for a year. The money is not the issue. I like the magazine alot and would just like to have what I paid for. I have been to several events other than audio and the magazine deals were always good and I have never been stiffed. I would think that a simple phone call would have solved the issue, but there is a definite lack of anyone who actually cares to pursue this at TAS. I am sure the people I talk to are out sourced to an agency, so they could care less. I find this to be an unfortune way to do business.

MaxCast

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jan 2008, 03:18 pm »
I guess for 5 or 10 bucks a subscription they can't afford customer service.  I hear ya, you bought it, you expect it.  I remember paying $40 a year way back when.  Stopped after the first year.  I've always heard about problems with customer service with people paying and not getting their mags.  I guess I'm lucky.  I have never had a problem, even had to do a change of address and they never skipped a beat.

Tubeburner

« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2008, 11:13 pm »
I contacted Robert Harley recently and am receiving the magazine now. He mentioned the sales rep lost the list of subscribers. Convient on her part. Robert was a true gentleman and took care of this immediately.

Thank you Robert!

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #15 on: 1 Jun 2008, 02:10 am »

Thanks for the help!

Last time, I got the $25 for 3 years deal, which should have been tagged onto my existing subscription.  Somehow, my card got charged twice.  When I called customer service (# listed in mag), it came across to me that the customer service personnel had problems (communication) with their billing department; the woman at the other end had a tough time tracking my deal too.  However, it did eventually get straightened out.

TONEPUB

« Reply #16 on: 1 Jun 2008, 03:48 am »
Robert is a good guy, I had the pleasure of working for him for a year.  That's always a publisher's
worst nightmare when something like that happens!