Modded Power Supply for SB Touch! Remarkable difference...

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Modded Power Supply for SB Touch! Remarkable difference...
« Reply #20 on: 3 Sep 2011, 02:10 pm »
....or my kids, they can program the perl deal to make it work. Thanks guys....I'll hold on to them and Wayne this thing (PS) is fantastic my friend, just fantastic!!! :thumb:

PhenomeNhan

• PhenomeNhan Audio Video
« Reply #21 on: 10 Sep 2011, 04:40 am »
Good thread.  I just received my 2 Jerome PS.  Stupid question:  What converter cable to I need to connect to the DIN cable of the Jerome PS?

cliffy

« Reply #22 on: 10 Sep 2011, 04:54 am »
The existing DIN connector is cut off and the correctly sized SB Touch connector (purchased separately) is soldered on.  At least that is what Bolder does.

pansixt

« Reply #23 on: 10 Sep 2011, 04:58 am »
Mr Nhan,

The easy solution is to contact Wayne @ http://www.boldercables.com/.

Welcome. And please tell us how it is, that you find your music!!

James

PhenomeNhan

• PhenomeNhan Audio Video
« Reply #24 on: 10 Sep 2011, 05:08 am »
Wow.  Thanks for the quick replies, gents.  I will contact Mr. Bolder to see what can be done.

James, I'm slowly getting into the world of hi-rez music and want to get the best out of the SB Touch for now.  I don't mind doing one improvement at a time.  Thanks again for your help.

Phil A

« Reply #25 on: 10 Sep 2011, 12:23 pm »
I just ordered the Jerome and will be sending it to Wayne after I get it.  That way I'll have 3 upgraded power supplies to try and I'll use two of them on my HDMI audio de-embedders.

rpf

« Reply #26 on: 23 Sep 2011, 01:18 am »
Just got my modded Jerome back (in record time, I should add) and there is an immediately noticeable difference: greater clarity and image separation. This in a background listening system consisting of a Touch with an Audioengine N22 amp and P4 speakers. Using a Pangea AC14SE on the Jerome. Will post a followup after it breaks in.

Rob

prpixel

« Reply #27 on: 25 Sep 2011, 06:48 pm »
I've had my updated Jerome for about 11 days know.   I let it burn in for about a week before giving it a listen.    There's more resolution in the treble and the bass is better than the original mod.  Well worth the $50 cost of admission.  Wayne was super quick with the turn around.  USPS handed it to him on a Monday, finished and out the door on Tuesday and back in my office system on Thursday.

Bolder modified SB Touch>Wadia 151PowerDac>Gallo Reference Strada's/custom sub.

dvmis

« Reply #28 on: 28 Jan 2012, 11:48 pm »
I implemented toroidal low noise transformed then this http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Amps-Voltage-Regulator-Module-Out-1-5-32V-Based-LM338-/130634878830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a720f6e followed by this low noise module http://www.ebay.com/itm/130621075301?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
 And I am very happy with Touch beeing more relaxed in sound - I would not call difference remarkable, but noticeable. Any way great value for money.