Vapor Cirrus Loudspeakers - Flying Above the Clouds

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Vapor Cirrus Loudspeakers - Flying Above the Clouds
« Reply #80 on: 19 Aug 2011, 05:33 am »
Paul...I got a bunch of JBL's kept the best ones and now I want to check out something with that ribbon tweeter, I loved the N2X and almost built the Fountek kit from Madisound then this whole I woke one day and couldn't walk thing got me and now building isn't gonna happen, although I know Bob would help me just so I don't kick his butt at GT5 anymore...LOL...They look very nice COOL!!!!!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #81 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:30 pm »
Ed, you know I'll be your huckleberry.  :wink:

Bob

Eugene2

« Reply #82 on: 20 Aug 2011, 03:18 am »
Quote from: Eugene2 on 17 Aug 2011, 04:54 PM
I too ordered a pair quite some time ago, Ryan appears to be working hard to satisfy orders.  I discussed his communication and followup deficits to no avail, but that is what happens when you try to deliver a reasonably priced state of the art product.  With such short margins his cost cutting comes in the way of staffing, which hurts service levels, delivery time, etc., tough position, if you raise prices you're accused of price gouging...  I gave up on emailing I just wait for his reply...  I feel his pain!

Not sure who you are, but I took a look at your profile and it says Orlando, FL.  Nobody from Orlando has ordered a pair.
I have a pair on order, I have two residences

ltr317

« Reply #83 on: 20 Aug 2011, 04:34 am »
Ed, you know I'll be your huckleberry.  :wink:

Bob

Ah yes, Val Kilmer as Doc Halliday in Tombstone. 

Agisthos

« Reply #84 on: 21 Aug 2011, 10:53 pm »
I have had the Cirrus for a few weeks but I am between upgrades and do not have my Marantz amp or Audio-GD DAC any more, so even though it seemed great, I knew the front end was a very weak link.

A fellow audiophile was just around with his Primare i30, a 100 watts, dual mono, high quality integrated amp. And a Calyx DAC which is built around the 32-bit Sabre chip.

This setup, though modest in price, is easily the best sounding system I have ever heard. The Cirrus just flies with any sort of music, highs are clear and extended, with no distortion at all, the bass has punch and goes very low for a monitor. PRAT is right on the mark, no congestion of the music in complex pieces. A highly detailed, yet non fatiguing sound.

Being in this hobby since 2002, I have heard many frankly garbage speakers between the 5-15k mark, a lot of them fronted by electronics 5x more expensive than this Primare/Calyx combo.
This Cirrus is better than all the expensive dealer systems I have heard, and absolutely smashes the (admittedly few) equivalent priced speakers I have auditioned.

I am astounded and very pleased my risk of buying these unseen and unheard has paid off.

Insane cabinet construction, totally non resonant, combined with the RAAL tweeter and point to point wired crossover using highest quality parts, all for under 5k in price. A true audio bargain.

mtruong34

« Reply #85 on: 26 Aug 2011, 03:11 pm »
Hello All,

I'm in discussions with Ryan Scott about purchasing a pair of Cirrus speakers.  Going for the Amorphouse Core and Clarity Cap MR upgrades in a Burled Maple veneer.  It'll be about 10-12 weeks before I will receive the speakers and post any comments, but so far I can say that Ryan is very easy to work with.  He listens to what the customer wants to achieve and is very generous with his time and information.  FYI - the Cirrus are intended to replace Merlin TSM-MXe's - not an easy task...

ricardojoa

« Reply #86 on: 7 Nov 2011, 11:05 pm »
Hello everyone.

Seeing the cirrus crossover is built at the bottom of the stand, i cant stop to wonder if the starting price includes the stand as well?
thank you.

mtruong34

« Reply #87 on: 7 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm »
Ryan can confirm this, but I believe it is an extra charge of $400 for the stands with matching veneer.  I ordered mine without stands as I already own some very good Sound Anchor stands so I'm pretty sure Ryan has an alternate location for the crossover.  Ryan made sure that the height of my current stand would be adequate for his speaker design.

darcyb62

« Reply #88 on: 24 Nov 2011, 03:16 pm »
I picked up my ebony Cirrus' in the spring and absolutely love them.  I purchased with the stands and with the crossover installed in the base of the stands.  If you go without the stands I believe the crossover sits in a separate compartment that is added on to the bottom of the speaker.

vortrex

« Reply #89 on: 1 Sep 2012, 11:42 pm »
*EDIT*
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2014, 07:47 pm by vortrex »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #90 on: 2 Sep 2012, 12:03 am »
Very sweet eyecandy photos indeed.  :thumb:

Just curious, it seems that the platforms have a slight angle to them or is it actually the speakers themselves? If it's the former, are they adjustable to accommodate different seating heights? Thanks.

Cheers,
Robin

AB

« Reply #91 on: 2 Sep 2012, 12:19 am »
Very nice! I really have liked those during RMAF and those look great.
Could you give a few more details regarding the finish etc.?

vortrex

« Reply #92 on: 2 Sep 2012, 12:22 am »
*EDIT*
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2014, 07:48 pm by vortrex »

vortrex

« Reply #93 on: 2 Sep 2012, 12:25 am »
*EDIT*

stereodad

« Reply #94 on: 2 Sep 2012, 01:19 am »
Looking forward to your  thoughts on the Vapors.How close to full range do they sound?
Tried to ask on audiogon but my post never showed.
Thanks Larry

vortrex

« Reply #95 on: 2 Sep 2012, 01:54 am »
*EDIT* 

jonbee

« Reply #96 on: 2 Sep 2012, 02:50 am »
VERRRY NICE. I look forward to your description of the sound you're getting.
Do I remember correctly that you were also planning to order Selah Tempestas?

vortrex

« Reply #97 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:01 am »
*EDIT*
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2014, 07:49 pm by vortrex »

ricardojoa

« Reply #98 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:08 am »
yes, I have the Tempesta sitting right next to the Cirrus actually, they're just all in pieces and boxed.  I'll hopefully have those up and running in the next month or so.

what!! in the next month or so? did you get the kit for the tempesta? please dont leave us hanging any longer.
We would love to hear your thoughts.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #99 on: 2 Sep 2012, 03:29 am »
Very nice! They match your room very well.