Vapor Cirrus Loudspeakers - Flying Above the Clouds

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Vapor Cirrus Loudspeakers - Flying Above the Clouds
« Reply #60 on: 9 Aug 2011, 01:46 pm »
We'll still do the 6Moons review guys ...

Sales took off pretty much as soon as I launched the website, I had two orders in the first week.  Basically I expected some time where things would be slow, giving me plenty of time to build a demo pair or two but that didn't happen.  So instead every time I've started on a demo pair, an order would come in and cannibalize what I started.  But I do now have a demo pair of cabinets assembled and finished in a gorgeous Redwood Burl.  Drivers and crossover components for it are set aside, it's 3 weeks away from completion. 

And I have another pair for RMAF figured out, so as soon as the demo pair is done they're Glens' for however long it takes.

ajayrav

« Reply #61 on: 9 Aug 2011, 01:52 pm »
That's good to know.  I was looking forward to the 6 moons review.....

Ajay

MerRev

« Reply #62 on: 9 Aug 2011, 01:55 pm »
Good to hear Ryan! 

They are absolutely terrific speakers and I am looking forward to the review. 
Some of your veneer choices are  :drool: worthy and I personally would like to see them on your website. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #63 on: 9 Aug 2011, 02:20 pm »
Good to hear Ryan! 

They are absolutely terrific speakers and I am looking forward to the review. 
Some of your veneer choices are  :drool: worthy and I personally would like to see them on your website. 

Thanks Chris, you know if you ever want to hear them again just shoot me a message.  I also have some other interesting things around the house. 

New multi-page website coming soon that will give me more gallery space.  Right now I'm limited on how many pics I can have in there. 

SlushPuppy

« Reply #64 on: 9 Aug 2011, 05:13 pm »
That's good to know.  I was looking forward to the 6 moons review.....

Ajay

Me too, that's why I was disappointed not to see it on 6 Moons anymore. I've been checking that page every week for the past couple of months waiting for it to get published. Glad to see he'll get a second chance at a review. 

ltr317

« Reply #65 on: 9 Aug 2011, 05:20 pm »
I'm looking forward to hearing them at RMAF. 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #66 on: 9 Aug 2011, 05:22 pm »
Paul, let me know how the new model he has sounds, they are mini monitors with a RAAL tweet.
 Thanks
 Ed

ltr317

« Reply #67 on: 9 Aug 2011, 05:25 pm »
Paul, let me know how the new model he has sounds, they are mini monitors with a RAAL tweet.
 Thanks
 Ed

I sure will, if he brings the Breeze to RMAF. 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #68 on: 10 Aug 2011, 12:30 am »
 Thanks
 Ed

I figured I'd take a pair of Breeze to RMAF, but probably not play them ... just a static display.  I have some new big stuff to debut at the show.  But if you want to hear the Breeze, I could send you a pair.  I'm building a couple pair for customers now, but could quickly put together a demo pair and send it your way if you paid shipping both ways.  I've never done a 'tour' but it could turn into that.

Eugene2

« Reply #69 on: 17 Aug 2011, 04:54 pm »
I too ordered a pair quite some time ago, Ryan appears to be working hard to satisfy orders.  I discussed his communication and followup deficits to no avail, but that is what happens when you try to deliver a reasonably priced state of the art product.  With such short margins his cost cutting comes in the way of staffing, which hurts service levels, delivery time, etc., tough position, if you raise prices you're accused of price gouging...  I gave up on emailing I just wait for his reply...  I feel his pain!

ltr317

« Reply #70 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:24 pm »
I figured I'd take a pair of Breeze to RMAF, but probably not play them ... just a static display.  I have some new big stuff to debut at the show.  But if you want to hear the Breeze, I could send you a pair.  I'm building a couple pair for customers now, but could quickly put together a demo pair and send it your way if you paid shipping both ways.  I've never done a 'tour' but it could turn into that.

I'm not interested in participating in a tour.  If I borrow a pair, it will be for a review.  Thanks. 

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #71 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:33 pm »
Paul---intriguing the breeze is, maybe you get'em for a review and then send to me for awhile and we'll see what happens...where is VAPOR--US right??

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #72 on: 17 Aug 2011, 09:39 pm »
...where is VAPOR--US right??
0.7 miles from me.  :wink:  :lol:

ltr317

« Reply #73 on: 17 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm »
0.7 miles from me.  :wink:  :lol:

Bob - Maybe you should request a pair for review.  :D

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #74 on: 17 Aug 2011, 11:48 pm »
Bob...I'll buy the gas if you go get some and check them out....

srb

« Reply #75 on: 17 Aug 2011, 11:54 pm »
Ryan,

I know it might take you some time to get Breeze details up on the website, but can you give us any further information here?  Obviously at this price the cabinets won't be vertically laminated like the Cirrus, but are they standard construction MDF box cabinets built by you?

Can you give us any sensitivity and impedance numbers?

Steve

ltr317

« Reply #76 on: 18 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm »
Bob...I'll buy the gas if you go get some and check them out....

Ed - You're really interested in them.  Looking to get your JBLs some company?   :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #77 on: 19 Aug 2011, 01:03 am »
I might be in trouble if they were less than a mile from me.  8) Could be dangerous to the wallet.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #78 on: 19 Aug 2011, 04:11 am »
I too ordered a pair quite some time ago, Ryan appears to be working hard to satisfy orders.  I discussed his communication and followup deficits to no avail, but that is what happens when you try to deliver a reasonably priced state of the art product.  With such short margins his cost cutting comes in the way of staffing, which hurts service levels, delivery time, etc., tough position, if you raise prices you're accused of price gouging...  I gave up on emailing I just wait for his reply...  I feel his pain!

Not sure who you are, but I took a look at your profile and it says Orlando, FL.  Nobody from Orlando has ordered a pair.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #79 on: 19 Aug 2011, 04:23 am »
Ryan,

I know it might take you some time to get Breeze details up on the website, but can you give us any further information here?  Obviously at this price the cabinets won't be vertically laminated like the Cirrus, but are they standard construction MDF box cabinets built by you?

Can you give us any sensitivity and impedance numbers?

Steve

Like a lot of guys, I'm using the Parts Express pre-fab cabinets for them.  Reason being, any cabinet I built means at least 20 man hours, and it's hard to meet this price point if I have that much time in it ... I opted for good cabinets with fantastic drivers.  I do add some bracing inside and put a layer of 1/4" mass loaded vinyl with 1/2" open cell foam on all internal panels.  But with the small volume needed for this woofer, the cabinet is very sturdy.  I do wish the front baffle had a bigger roundover to minimize cabinet edge diffraction, but for a grand with 50% of that cost in drivers alone, I'd say that's an acceptable compromise. 

I had the whole suite of measurements taken, farfield with nearfield merge and off axis to 60* in 15* increments.  Of course I did it on a laptop where I knew the hard drive was failing.  And when I couldn't access those files after I saved them, that was the final straw and bought a new hard drive.  I'll re-do all the measurements shortly. 

But basically no surprises in them, pretty much flat down to 55hz.  It's +/- 2db across the entire range, and it's a solidly 8ohm design.  The woofer I use is sensitive enough that I don't need to use a 4ohm driver to get decent sensitivity, it's 85db final ... actually like 85.5db to be exact. 

Take a look at this to see what's coming very soon.  Pete and Ed are budies of mine who want to be a part of this whole Vapor Audio gravy train  :lol:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=224110