Vapor Cirrus Loudspeakers - Flying Above the Clouds

brj

Re: Vapor Cirrus Loudspeakers - Flying Above the Clouds
« Reply #120 on: 2 Nov 2012, 11:19 pm »
Thread trimmed to stay (more closely) on topic.  Thank you.

Audioexcels

« Reply #121 on: 3 Nov 2012, 12:17 am »
There's a gorgeous pair for sale right now.  It's an 8-12 month wait and these speakers sound every bit as good as 10K+ speakers, so grab them while you can...just saw them for sale so I thought I'd contribute here.

Cheers!

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #122 on: 8 Nov 2012, 11:46 am »
I took delivery of my pair of Cirrus Black after RMAF and I must say they sound, and look absolutely fantastic.  It took about 2.5 or so months to finish them, really not too bad based on what I have read around here, I guess Ryan is improving his turn time a bit.  Then again I didn't have any esoteric components in mine, Copper foil Vcaps and the amorphous core upgrades option.  I must say even in my less than exceptional room (only first reflections treated, wood floors with a heavy rug, and plaster walls) these are truelly amazing speakers.  I will never upgrade again, I feel like I have a world class work of art speaker in my room now. 

As for bass they are definetly not lacking, I have retired my 10" HSU sub as in room it couldn't produce any "functional" output for music that could match the quality of the Cirrus.  That will probably be my next upgrade, maybe a REL or a Rythmik.  The microdynamics in the midrange and upper midrange are unlike any other speaker I have ever heard.  I have never heard my music so fleshed out without being at all fatiguing. 

The finish is gorgeous Red Flame box elder with a matte finish.  These are truelly a work of art.  Both in engineering and design. 

She wont admit it but when I come home from work I often find my wife has been spinning albums in the room.  She never used to listen to my old stuff other than for background noise.

Thanks a lot Ryan for making such an incredible product, you have one happy customer here  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 8 Nov 2012, 09:14 pm by sharpsuxx »

Blackmore

« Reply #123 on: 8 Nov 2012, 01:49 pm »
Congratulations on some great speakers!  When are you going to have the GAS boys over for a listening session?    :drool:

npdang

« Reply #124 on: 8 Nov 2012, 07:10 pm »
I use a 55w tube amp now without a pre-amp and have great results.  I've ordered a 22w integrated tube amp to replace this one, which I should have in a few weeks.

What amp are you moving to?  That 55w amp wouldn't happen to be a BAT VK-55?  :D

vortrex

« Reply #125 on: 8 Nov 2012, 08:08 pm »
*EDIT*
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2014, 07:50 pm by vortrex »

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #126 on: 8 Nov 2012, 08:23 pm »
Sorry to hear about that Paul, sounds like you should get in touch with Ryan about that.

As far as a GtG, as soon as stuff settles down around here and I get my new amp.  A listening fiesta is in order for sure!  I work weird hours / days but if anyone in the St. Louis area wants to drop by for a listen, pm me and prepare to bring beers.

brj

« Reply #127 on: 9 Nov 2012, 03:13 am »
I would remind all members that AudioCircle has a "no dirty laundry" policy, which you can see described under the About/Help link at the top of every page on AC.  While you're perusing that link, I'd recommend reviewing the posting guidelines as well.

Many thanks for your cooperation!

Edit:

Thread split to stay on topic.  Please don't debate AC policies in review threads.  There are more appropriate places on AC in which to discuss such matters.

And to be clear, critical comments are completely acceptable in a review thread, but in addition to following the "no dirty laundry" policy, please stay on topic and be respectful of others in your posts.  Thank you.