Anyone Watching The Packers vs. Vikings Game?

Bigfish

Anyone Watching The Packers vs. Vikings Game?
« on: 1 Nov 2009, 10:21 pm »
With 4:20 left to play in the first half the old man is outplaying his replacement.  The Pack had better step it up!

17 - 3 at the half and the only score for the Pack was the result of a mistake by the Vikings Center.

Ken

jimdgoulding

Re: Anyone Watching The Packers vs. Vikings Game?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2009, 11:12 pm »
With 4:20 left to play in the first half the old man is outplaying his replacement.  The Pack had better step it up!

17 - 3 at the half and the only score for the Pack was the result of a mistake by the Vikings Center.

Ken
For one thing, Aaron Rodgers looks terrible.  He can't run (very slow), he can't read the field fast enough (so he doesn't see open guys), and he holds on to the ball too long (when he should have gotten rid of it already).  Terrible, just terrible job (just now) with 3 downs on the Minn 4 or 5).  Did I say slow?  Like running in molasses.  The Vikings D, on the other hand, is sumthin else.

(post game) GB had a much better secong half.  Only making 47 positive yards in the first half, they had 250 or so in the second.  I wanted the Packers to win just for sentimental reasons.  The Vikes had already won one and their team is going to the playoffs, but GB's offensive line and that hangin on to the ball by Rodgers was makin me blow my stack in the first!   
« Last Edit: 2 Nov 2009, 06:52 pm by jimdgoulding »

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2009, 11:18 pm »
Watching that and Carolina-Arizona - Carolina is looking good for a change

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2009, 11:19 pm »
Hell yeah!  Go Packers!!!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2009, 12:25 am »
Slackers lose!! :thumb:

Bigfish

« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2009, 01:44 am »
With the win tonight there is no way the Vikes should lose the NFC North Division Crown! :thumb:

I just cannot help but pull for the old man!

Ken

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2009, 06:55 am »
There's never a lead big enough for comfort for me when the Vike play the Pack.  When GB pulled within 3 I nearly had a heart attack.  In the Minne was just too much for 'em but it was a helluva battle.  Thank God they only play twice! :thumb:

Bigfish

« Reply #7 on: 2 Nov 2009, 12:31 pm »
Thank God they only play twice!

Rob:

I believe the Packers have a good chance to make it into the playoffs as a Wild card team which would mean you might have to play them again! :duh:

Ken

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2009, 03:30 pm »
Dang!

Been a fan of Brett's for 18 years, been a Packer fan for a lot longer. The Vikings have a ton of talent. Harvin picked up something like 150 yards on three returns, plus some great catches. The Vikings O-line protects Favre like he's gold, his other receivers also make great catches, they have great backs, (probably the best one in the game currently), and they have one heck of a defense. While at G-Bay, Brett was always in the role of needing to win the game, now he just needs to not lose it.

The Packers have lots of issues, the biggest being that Rogers is getting far too much pressure to be as productive as I believe he can be. Some of it is him, needs to learn how to throw it away occasionally, maybe even run more often. But it's pretty hard to throw the ball when a handful of 300 pound guys are all in your face.

I

Bigfish

« Reply #9 on: 2 Nov 2009, 03:52 pm »
The Packers have lots of issues, the biggest being that Rogers is getting far too much pressure to be as productive as I believe he can be. Some of it is him, needs to learn how to throw it away occasionally, maybe even run more often. But it's pretty hard to throw the ball when a handful of 300 pound guys are all in your face.

Mike:

The one thing the Packers and Steelers (my favorite team) have in common is quarterbacks that like to hold onto the ball too long.  Yes, it looks great when they make that play down field but it is also a killer when they get sacked!  I heard the announcers of your game yesterday say during the game that Rogers was sacked 8 times in the first Vikes/Pack Game.  The Packer's Coach said he had called a game that should not have produced that many sacks implying that Rogers holds onto the ball.  The problem we face is that one day our quarterbacks will be carted off the field.

Ken

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:28 pm »
Ken, I think you are right. With Aaron, it is almost like "I am NOT going to throw without a REALLY good look".  I sometimes think he watched Brett wing it so many times we he should not have, that he goes overboard not making that mistake. I'm glad he doesn't usually throw carelessly, but he does need to learn when to throw it out of bounds . . .

MaxCast

« Reply #11 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:53 pm »
Yep, I'll take a sack vs. an interception any day.  Aaron can improve but the line needs to improve as well.

Cangrats all you vike fans.  :evil:

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #12 on: 2 Nov 2009, 05:16 pm »
Dang!

Been a fan of Brett's for 18 years, been a Packer fan for a lot longer. The Vikings have a ton of talent. Harvin picked up something like 150 yards on three returns, plus some great catches. The Vikings O-line protects Favre like he's gold, his other receivers also make great catches, they have great backs, (probably the best one in the game currently), and they have one heck of a defense. While at G-Bay, Brett was always in the role of needing to win the game, now he just needs to not lose it.

I

They have the same problem as the Bears, they need a better Oline.   

The VQueens seem to have the complete package this year.   My Bears are going to be lucky to get the 10-11 wins necessary for a Wildcard spot. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 2 Nov 2009, 06:59 pm »
Watching that and Carolina-Arizona - Carolina is looking good for a change
Yeah, somebody finally told the Panthers that the season has started.  They got some payback against Arizona who knocked them out of the big game last season.  Heck, I thought they were a sure thing and woulda beaten the Steelers.  That based on what I saw of them up to the Arizona game.