That So. African 800 meter runner...she has a pee pee, no?

TheChairGuy

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news;_ylt=ApH0AAObrXTXhyBlf6AUGuw5nYcB?slug=ap-worlds-gendertest&prov=ap&type=lgns

The last time anyone won a major Women's 800 meter championship by this long distance was a Czech runner in 1983.  No wonder it's among the longest lived records in track & field...it was run by what was altogether likely a man: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarmila_Kratochv%C3%ADlov%C3%A1

At the time the leading runner was an steroid-charged women from East Germany named Marita Koch.  She had so much 'roids inside her for all intensive purposes she was a man :nono:

This So. African teenage phenom, that burst on the scene on in the past week....is a man.  I'll bet my pee pee on it :icon_lol:

John

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: That So. African 800 meter runner...she has a pee pee, no?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:50 am »
Your story was just missing a photo John....

Hmmmm..... :scratch:

mjosef

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2009, 04:17 am »
mhmmmm...maybe she/he(?) goes both ways.
I have seen a lot of men who looks like women, and vice-versa.  Hey I live in NYC, see a lotta weird things here.  :lol:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2009, 04:48 am »
Oofa WolfyChris...that is a telling pic :bawl:

She should be dancing for Chippendales...not running Womens 800 meters :lol:

Hey, I grew up in NY (31 years) and have lived just outside of San Francisco for 7 now....and I don't shy away from weird (rather, I chuckle at it)....but, this 'chick' is a dude thru and thru.

John

Whitese

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2009, 05:03 am »
I would have figured that all they need are X rays of her hip and shoulder sockets to see how shallow they are..women's shallower than men. :scratch:

chadh

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2009, 05:27 am »

I think you've all been duped by that deceptive name: SEMENya.

Until there's good evidence to the contrary, though, I think the benefit of the doubt would have to be given to the runner.  Let's assess what little evidence we have:

1.  Where's the meat?  Those are pretty teeny little pants she's wearing in that picture, and I don't see any hint of salami hidden away in there.  But, maybe she's been "fixed."

2.  I know if I'd been fixed, I'd lose my enthusiasm for many things - including training.  Therefore, I suspect she'd be much slower if she'd had such an operation.

3.  Even if she's been through an operation, doesn't that make her a woman anyway?  Or do the laws of athletics not confer that honor until she's bought a sufficient number of shoes?

Chad

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2009, 02:37 pm »
Just going by the picture if you didn't tell me it was a woman I'd think it was a man.

I'd like to see the race.

Interesting...

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:03 pm »
See them together here.  She doesn't look all that much different from the rest but she is not my type as I am a Grand Teton man, so to speak.   :lol:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:27 pm »
True - no meat there - but I'm not seeing camel toe, either :lol:

It's the nature of this kids rise to world champion that lends credence to the sex-ing issue...'she' was a nobody until a couple weeks ago - literally a 'nobody' from the hinterlands of So. Africa (with no world level competition previously).  She's only 18 - a few years before full maturation would normally occur for a women's 800 meter world champion.

Based on the circumstantial evidence, along with that torso, I say that she be a he....no matter if there is a pee pee 8)

btw, I found this little ditty while searching Track & Field News - the bible of the sport for decades: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/20/2661305.htm

Apparently, the Jamaican spring 'miracle' may be partly founded on banned anabolic substances.  Recently the rise of strong/fast runners from Trinidad & Tobago as well would point to some hanky panky, too :nono:

Steroids, due to lower inherent levels in women than men, affect women more beneficially when given (that's why when you typically see men's sprint champions less successful than the same countries womens sprint champions, a la USSR and East Germany two decades ago, steroids is almost always involved in the equation)

The sitaution with Jamaica is not so clear-cut..as the men are world champions at many sprint distances.  Nonetheless, I think doping will be found on both women's and men's Jamaican teams (the country is too small and it shares common coached between genders...making a mix of banned substances likely)

btw, I'm not insinuating that Usain Bolt is taking 'roids.  A nation of so few does not 'naturally' produce so many world class sprinters without chemical help, tho.

My 2cents....John
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 06:19 pm by TheChairGuy »

keenween

« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:40 pm »
There are people who are not xx or xy, but xxy and others I think. I read an article that hypothesized many of the great female athletes may not be genetically xx.

nathanm

Intensive purposes x2!!!
« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:46 pm »
Oh I get it, she's the punchline to a joke:  What do they sell at the Swedish sperm bank?

Some serious androgyny going on there; but I wouldn't make fun of her, she'd catch me for sure.

Len_Dreyer

« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:50 pm »

Perfect town for her & there's probably a slot for her on the Banana Slugs' team.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 05:44 pm by Len_Dreyer »

MaxCast

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2009, 04:28 pm »
Play nice everybody.  pjchappy is gone for awhile so please be careful.   :D

richidoo

« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2009, 05:28 pm »
Everybody has a pee pee    :wink:

Whatever she is, she's got too much testosterone and (way) too little estrogen. She is a running freak of nature, or science.... 

TheChairGuy

« Reply #15 on: 20 Aug 2009, 06:37 pm »
Putting it in perspective.....a 1:55 800 meter run by a 17-18 yo high school boy would win the vast majority of state championships in the US. 

How then does an 18yo girl from the backwaters of So. Africa come to the world championships and beat a seasoned field by a galloping 2.5 second margin? (one of the largest such margins in the history of the Women's 800 meter World Championship)

The answer is pretty simple - she's a he aa

The finish of the womens 800 meters:
     Lane     Bib     Athlete                        Country     Mark     
1    4    772    Caster Semenya                 RSA    1:55.45    (WL)
2    7    589    Janeth Jepkosgei Busienei   KEN    1:57.90    (SB)
3    5    403    Jennifer Meadows            GBR    1:57.93    (PB)
4    3    935    Yuliya Krevsun                 UKR    1:58.00    (SB)
5    6    824    Mariya Savinova                 RUS    1:58.68    
6    8    503    Elisa Cusma Piccione         ITA    1:58.81    (SB)
7    2    309    Mayte Martinez                 ESP    1:58.81    (SB)
8    1    392    Marilyn Okoro                  GBR    2:00.32    

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #16 on: 20 Aug 2009, 07:01 pm »
She could be genitally female but exhibit male physiology in all other things due to genetic aberration in her X(Y?) chromosome.  I can't imagine anyone at this level of competition to actually try to dupe the world if there is a Johnson tucked under those tights.  I would like to see her race record in high school to see how she progressed as a runner.

Lyndon

« Reply #17 on: 10 Sep 2009, 11:11 pm »
Just been announced that he/she is a hermaphrodite.  Best of both worlds? :o

Probably will be stripped of world track medals and be banned from future competition.
She has three times the normal level of testosterone than the normal female.

I kind of feel bad for Semenya...perhaps they should have a Hermaphrodite Special Olympics?
And what a name...Semen...ya!
Oh well, one for the books...

TheChairGuy

« Reply #18 on: 10 Sep 2009, 11:20 pm »
All that great testosterone wasted...no pee pee, after all :(

But, the resultant findings are not unlike I figured.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=capress-track_semenya_gender-103398626&prov=capress&type=lgns

John

mcgsxr

« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2009, 04:35 pm »
Ah yes, the old "too much of both, not enough of either" class!