Let's get some action going here!

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« on: 17 Oct 2003, 03:09 pm »
Hey, hey, what's on your mind?  Somebody start some controversy/argument here so Brian will have something to stimulate his mind.  I hate the thought of him staring at his monitor awaiting technical questions or challenges from his competitors.
Better still, somebody order some speakers.  What a great gift for your best friends/family!  (No, I don't receive a commission - just trying to help a good guy who has value products).

Okay, here's a question:  Brian, what will be your final offerings for completed subs?

Brian Bunge

« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2003, 12:25 am »
Howdy Hank!  I've finalized the design on the 12" sub.  I've increased the size slightly to allow for flush mounting the driver.  So the finished sub will be a 15" cube (not counting the amp or grill).  I'm building the first front firing one very shortly for a customer and it will have a walnut finish.  I have yet to finalize the design for the 15" sub but I am getting close.

Any other questions, pardner!?  :drums:

LeonO

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2003, 03:48 am »
Brian, I hope that's my system you're working on...LOL :)

Brian Bunge

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2003, 04:01 am »
Leon?  Leon who? :D

Yes, most definitely!  As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying the prototypes (currently known as the Metals to you and me) of your 5 speaker system.  I'm still completely floored by the sound of these speakers.  They're not the last word in audio for sure, but for the $350/pr. price I think they're going to be hard to beat.  I've been listening to a lot more music since I put these speakers into my system.  I think they're definitely a great replacement for the M-1's.

LeonO

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2003, 01:36 pm »
Brian, as you listen to the Metals, are you finding that your initial impressions are changing (improving) as they break-in?  And, do you have an idea of how long the break-in period was?

Also, you've listened to them with the ports plugged and unplugged.  What has become your preference with music.  If you're using them with a sub now, are you running them at large or small?

BTW folks, Brian & I have already swapped about 50 emails and a couple calls about the Metals & new sub, so my questions may seem quite specific for anyone first learning about the Metals.  Brian's service (and patience) have been outstanding.  So, outstanding that I ordered a 5.1 system :):)  It's cool to have the feeling that my system was customized to my tastes :)

Cheers!

Brian Bunge

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2003, 02:07 pm »
Leon,

I think they've broken in a bit more the last few days.  Normally, my system is on whenever I'm home and awake, seeing as my living room pulls double duty as both a HT and music system.  Because of my TV dying last week I've been spending more time in our bedroom so the speakers haven't been playing nearly as much as they normally would.  But Friday I borrowed a little 13" TV from my dad and brought the 25" from the bedroom into the living room.  So to make a long story short, I've listened to them for general TV viewing and listening to music a lot more in the last couple of days than the last week total.

I think the midrange has smoothed out a bit more and the bass is more articulate.  Right now I'm listening to them with my Tumult on, Metals set to small and ports plugged.  But at lower listening levels I'm just as happy listening to them set to large, with no sub, and the ports open.

BTW, thanks for the kind words.  I do my best to help out my customers (or potential customers) as best I can.

george king

« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2003, 04:14 am »
Leon,

Now that you have joined the club, you need to go spread the word and work of Brian to all the boards.

Hope you like the system.  Brians work is truly stellar

LeonO

« Reply #7 on: 20 Oct 2003, 12:43 pm »
Thanks for the welcome George.  Now I waiting for Brian to finish the system so I can enjoy it.  Now I can't send Brian 20 questions a day because I don't want to pull him away from the shop...LOL

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2003, 11:34 am »
Brian and I discussed the Metals and from what he said, I think they'll be a fine, probably a bit better, replacement for the M-1's.  The source of drivers should be more reliable so that won't be a factor in delaying shipments.  I'm seriously considering building a demo pair, and if they sound as expected, I may have a new addition to the line.
Regarding break-in, the mid-woof shouldn't take long, but it's probably more important for the tweeter to break in a solid week or so.