PS3 price drop of $100 + free remote and Memento Blu-ray dvd

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!

Charles Calkins

Re: PS3 price drop of $100 + free remote and Memento Blu-ray dvd
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2007, 11:52 pm »
George:
 Have you read or heard that the PS3 is a killer CD player? One of my buds at the dog park has a friend who has more money than God. Consequently a very,very high end audio system. He swears that the PS3 is a killer CD player. I've never heard one so I can't give my opinion on it.

Cheers
                          Charlie

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2007, 12:05 am »
George:
 Have you read or heard that the PS3 is a killer CD player? One of my buds at the dog park has a friend who has more money than God. Consequently a very,very high end audio system. He swears that the PS3 is a killer CD player. I've never heard one so I can't give my opinion on it.

Cheers
                          Charlie

No idea as I don't own a PS3.

I just don't have time for video games anymore.   :cry:

In fact, my brother who is a junior at New York University has my PS2 and Xbox.

George

Ears

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:30 am »
Looks like they slashed $100 off the price and are giving a free remote and Memento on Blu-ray as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5139302_1/102-3148991-1450548?ie=UTF8&docId=1000106451&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1VVBQQ4RM4DYYM38TYM4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=298121301&pf_rd_i=507846

George

You also get 5 free Blu-rays on top of that for buying any BD player including the PS3.
Also CC has these with the same price and a free controller and the 5 BD movies.

Ears

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:34 am »
George:

Cheers
                          Charlie

I haven't tried a cd yet on mine as I mainly bought it for a Blu-ray player...but SA-CD sounds shockingly good on this machine and PCM uncompressed soundtracks on the movies sound fantastic as well.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2007, 03:48 am »
George:

Cheers
                          Charlie

I haven't tried a cd yet on mine as I mainly bought it for a Blu-ray player...but SA-CD sounds shockingly good on this machine and PCM uncompressed soundtracks on the movies sound fantastic as well.

How do you play SACD on it, and PCM uncompressed...i.e does it have analog multichannel outputs (5.1 or 7.1) or do you need to do SACD via HDMI 1.x?

Ears

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2007, 11:17 am »
George:

Cheers
                          Charlie

How do you play SACD on it, and PCM uncompressed...i.e does it have analog multichannel outputs (5.1 or 7.1) or do you need to do SACD via HDMI 1.x?

I play everything through hdmi on my temporary Onkyo hdmi receiver.
SA-CD as well as multi channel PCM and 1080P via 1 HDMI cable.