Montreal Show: April 13-15

mumbles

Re: Montreal Show: April 13-15
« Reply #20 on: 7 Mar 2007, 06:56 pm »
Hi Guys,
I am still living off my memories of being there three years ago. So I highly recommend it as a great experience. Imagine thousands of guys so passionate about audio that they would meet in an even colder city. I think VIA rates to Montreal are lower now and it certainly is a relaxing way to go. So yeah I am planning to go by Via Rail arriving early Friday evening.Anyone else prefering to go by rail? Let me know.
Cheers,
Richard

markC

« Reply #21 on: 9 Mar 2007, 03:02 am »
hello TAASers

if anyone is not planning to go to the montreal show because of a lack of $$$, I'd be willing to host them at my apartment.  I've got a fairly large place (in terms of city apartments) and have a couple of extra fold out beds (one comfortable and one not) and plenty of floor space.  2-3 would be comfortable, more would be pushing it.  If there is a large demand I'd probably give priority to students and those on limited income....

I'm one block away from a bus that takes you downtown- probably 30 minutes to the venue.  It's in a nice area of montreal with lots of cafes, etc...

just being neighborly.. p.m. me if you'd like to go but can't because of $$$jim

Unfortunatley, I will not be able to attend, but I just had to comment about how generous and trusting your offer is. Good on you!

fajimr

« Reply #22 on: 12 Mar 2007, 07:29 pm »
my pleasure... you folk seem friendly enough to me (although I am sure there is a Toronto joke in here somewhere, I won't go there especially since I just moved to Montreal from the states).  The offer still stands...

I thought I'd also extend the offer to audition my Aspen (i.e. AKSA) Lifeforce 55 amp and Ellis 1801b speakers.  Both, in my mind, are excellent performers although you will not find them at the show (I believe Hugh and Dave will be teaming up for RMAF but don't quote me on that)... they do have a nice synergy.  I really appreciate what Hugh and Dave have contributed to the community and would be happy to show off their goods, if anyone is interested.

see you all in april

jim

stereoman

« Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2007, 01:30 am »
Hi:
 3 of us are planning to take Via 1 on Friday, 5:00pm, and return on the Sunday 11:00 am train. The cost is around $310. One more person and we'll try for the quad seats with a table in the centre. Anyone interested?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #24 on: 9 Apr 2007, 03:07 pm »
Hey,

So are you guys getting excited about FSI EXPO this week!  :hyper:

I'm really looking forward to it and I hope to meet you all there!

Best regards,

Vinnie

Spirit

• Facilitator
« Reply #25 on: 12 Apr 2007, 02:37 am »
Hey everybody - where's the TAAS Spirit (pardon the pun!). Well, the Spirit is right here and it's time to send some Spirit to Montreal!!!!
I am really pumped for this.  I am heading down on Friday morning with Mrs. Spirit by VIA and will be there all weekend.  I would love to meet as many Circlers as possible.  I will be wearing a black baseball hat with the "Scrubs" TV show logo on the front.  Please, come up to me and say hi!
To all my fellow TAAS friends - how about a roll call to know how many of you are going.
Maybe we can all meet for a while during the weekend.  I will not be available in the evenings; I am a native Montrealer and have evening dinner plans with family and friends, but I will be at the show during the day.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr 2007, 03:24 am »
So guys.....How goes the show ?  Thanks.... :thumb:

aerius

« Reply #27 on: 16 Apr 2007, 06:03 pm »
I demand pictures and videos!  Since I couldn't make it to the show, I need to live vicariously through those who did. :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #28 on: 16 Apr 2007, 06:06 pm »
I demand pictures and videos!  Since I couldn't make it to the show, I need to live vicariously through those who did. :D
Spirit/Sam sent me a PM....he's got photo's, and a story ....he mentioned he'll post tonight. 8)

tvyankee

« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2007, 08:34 pm »
hey

i don't have pic's but the show was fair.alot of the same from last year.Louis and Vinnie's room sounded great as always.

i came across a speaker called SA($5400.00) from like Denmark or somewhere over in that neck of the woods that i thought sounded pretty dam good as it was only hooked up to some Arcam AV gear. also listened to a speaker from Germany,it was a monitor speaker that was hooked up to the digital stuff and it was $2400.00 and it to me sounded pretty dam good as well.they called the ASW Genius200.

i heard the mark&Daniel speaker it was alright but not blown away or anything.

the room that sounded the best to me was the cheap mbl room. $35000.00 grand for everything

their was some other stuff but not much to write home about.

PS.the drive home in that storm was something in all the years i have been driving i have never experienced before in my life.Couldn't see a dam thing from 100 miles from Canada to Albany new york.Glad to be alive.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #30 on: 18 Apr 2007, 01:23 am »
tvyankee/Dave....
Glad you made it back OK !!
i came across a speaker called SA($5400.00) from like Denmark or somewhere over in that neck of the woods that i thought sounded pretty dam good as it was only hooked up to some Arcam AV gear
Found it....