LCR / Center Channel?

audioferret

LCR / Center Channel?
« on: 24 Sep 2006, 08:43 pm »
RAW, 

Have you considered setting up a LCR kit using the ribbon tweeter, one WR-125, and two Extremis?  How much extra work would need to be done on the crossover vis a vis the HT-3?  I am loving the HT-3s, but I am thinking of a large center channel similar to AV-123s RSC-200.   Would I be able to simply purchase half a kit of the HT3 with an additional Extremis?  I can build my own cabinets pretty easily.
:wink:

-AF

RAW

Re: LCR / Center Channel?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2006, 06:57 pm »
Well the LCR is a design we looked at but not to copy the design with just a ribbon in place of that Usher.
So what are we to do to fill that gap from the HT2C center channel up to the Apex C center channel
Well nothing with the HTseries at all.
Why well the HT2C is great for a home theater system running in a small to mid size room if you have the center set to small for most people this will work just fine.With this setting you will not get much more from the LCR than the HT2C as a fact less mid-range will come from the LCR and better imaging from the HT2C.

Then for a large room we have the Apex C and that is the most anyone will ever need.
The Apex C really fills a room with a shocking over all range that is far above the HT2C.

In short no we will not do a LCR design with the ribbon.