Hurricane Katrina Charity Raffle!!!

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
« on: 1 Sep 2005, 05:57 pm »
Over the past few days, Hurricane Katrina has brought about an unprecedented degree of devastation and population displacement...the likes of which our country has never witnessed.  With 78,000 victims currently in shelters, 80% of New Orleans under water up to 20' deep, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida hit hard as well and a death toll rising into the thousands, AV123 has put together this exclusive raffle for what we hope to be our biggest charity contribution yet.  

All products listed below will be donated by AV123 to this contest and 100% of all donations and raffle sales will be sent to the American Red Cross  within 7 days of contest close.  

200 TICKETS WILL BE OFFERED AT A COST OF $50.00 EACH FOR A TOTAL DONATION OF $10,000.00.  PURCHASES MUST BE MADE ONLINE THROUGH AV123 HERE.  

Calling for our biggest response yet, we have put together our most impressive offering to date.  The lucky winner of this charity event will receive...

Special Edition Onix H34 Tube Integrated Amplifier (Value = $2495.00) - This very special MLS-Signed piece is a brand new one of a kind H34 built specifically for AV123 President Mark Schifter himself...to his exact specifications.  There is not another like this ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.  Starting with the already phenomenal Onix/Melody H34 design, this Special Edition unit features the following upgrades...

*  Riken OHM Signal Resistors
*  Coupling Cap Bypasses with MultiCap Polystyrene's
*  DH Labs Solid-Core Pure Silver Teflon Signal Wire
*  Vampire Direct Gold-Over-Copper RCA Jacks (1 pr.)
*  WBT 0763 Binding Posts (all 6 singles)
*  Solen Power Supply Bypass Caps
*  IXYS and IR "Hexfred-Style" Soft-Recover Ultra-Fast Diodes
*  Electro-Harmonix "Gold Pin" Input/Driver Tubes (12AX7 and 6922)
*  SED (Winged C) Svetiana EL34 Power Tubes
*  SoundCoat Chassis Dampening
*  ACME Audio Silver Cryo'd IEC Male Power Receptacle

Special Edition Onix Reference 1.5 Piano Rosewood (Value = $2295.00) - This particular pair of speakers is the FIRST BUILT pair of the brand new Onix Reference 1.5 in our newest and most impressive finish...Rocket Piano Rosewood.  Specifications and features can be found here.  Pictures coming soon.  

From all of us at AV123, we'd like to offer our sincerest thanks to all for your generosity and support.

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2005, 06:25 pm »
money is tight this week but i bought one anyway-that bitch(katrina) tried to kill one of my friends in new orleans-

its almost unreal the destuction :evil:

Woodsea

« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2005, 01:57 pm »
Well looks as if I am am not going to be able to participate.  Being in a completely different time zone than most anyone else, I miss out.  Good cause though.   I am tired and it is pert near 11 pm for this Daddy of 3.  I also have a 10 mile hike tomorrow and a rafting trip on Sunday.  Time to sleep.

BradJudy

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:03 pm »
The raffle just reopened with 16 tickets left.

dwk

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:27 pm »
Wow - great package to offer up for the raffle - very generous.  

I'm in, but it took a while to put the order through. Good to see that the raffle is getting such a heavy response.

Sean Parque

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2005, 03:50 pm »
The raffle is now closed - all tickets sold!

It will take time to process all the orders so while we will try and draw a winner today, don't count on it :)

suits_me

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2005, 09:44 pm »
I was a little confused by when those last 18 or so tickets were sold. Maybe I mis-timed my arrival for when the website was to resume selling tickets. Or did they sell out by other means before the stated time?

Anyway, it sold out, and that's the most important thing.

There was a new raffle only on the av site as of Friday pm. Maybe it hasn't been mentioned here (has it?) in an effort to avoid over-subscription to this one, too, but, hey, information flows freely.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 5 Sep 2005, 01:15 am »
Darn!  I've been putting in so many hours at work that I completely missed this one. :x   Oh, well...I'd have loved to get a crack at that combo, but at least I did hit the American Red Cross site and donate $100.  It's just horrible what those poor people are going through.  Hopefully everyone will pitch in and do what they can.

BradJudy

« Reply #8 on: 5 Sep 2005, 01:47 am »
I don't think the current raffle for Epiphany 12-12s is sold out yet - http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10197

Sean Parque

« Reply #9 on: 6 Sep 2005, 05:35 pm »
Sorry to those that missed out on the first ARC raffle.  It was my error; I posted the wrong re-opening time.

Because we had such a strong response to that raffle and so many people that still wanted to purchase a ticket, we decided to open up a new raffle...and as many of you already know, the prize is a pair of Epiphany 12-12 loudspeakers.  PR post to follow...