LIne source or Ht-3?

Cacophonix

LIne source or Ht-3?
« on: 7 Aug 2005, 06:12 pm »
I'm looking to build a pair of decent floorstanders ... and am interested in the line source kit and the HT-3 kit offered by RAW.

Has anyone heard both? Which would be a better bet? My room is not very big ... and i need something that does not take too much space yet can sound powerful with great bass and mids.

I was all set to place an order for the HT3 when i read about the line source ... and have been wondering which one would be a better floor stander.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
LIne source or Ht-3?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2005, 06:19 pm »
Others will disagree, I'm sure, but I think larger line arrays work better for big rooms and vice versa.

Bingenito

LIne source or Ht-3?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2005, 06:27 pm »
I do not disagree. I am a firm believer of using the right gear and speaker for the room.

I am also not a fan of short arrays. Just my 2 cents.

RAW

LIne source or Ht-3?
« Reply #3 on: 7 Aug 2005, 09:10 pm »
Between the 2
HT3 and the RA8 Line source.

RA8 large presence area.
Higher efficency than the HT3
Will fill a room very well with room response in the 40hz range

HT3
Lower efficency then the RA8
in room response to 25hz.
smaller foot print

Very good pick's between which you are looking at compairing
Depends on what you are looking for.
-Small foot print HT3
-low end with no sub needed to get to below 30hz HT3
great for small to mid sized rooms.
For most the HT3 works great with no sub at all only of you want the 25hz and below range and if that is the case I would just use the HT2 and a sub

-need efficency RA8
-have a large room and will be using a sub RA8
RA8 will be a line source for the price it will be very hard to beat for sure.
I can not wait to get them to Denver and have the public listen to them.

Both have the pros and cons depending on what your objective is to use them for.

Cacophonix

LIne source or Ht-3?
« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2005, 12:08 am »
Okay ... I've bit the bullet and ordered the HT-3.  The idea of getting 30Hz bass from a slim floorstander was irresistible.

I just can't wait until i receive the kit .... hopefully i'd have completed the cabinets by then.

I love the finish of HT-3 that RAW has on their website ... anyone know what finish is that? It looks like maple ... but any particulars as to how they were finished?

Anyone built the HT-3 so far? If so, please post your pics!

RAW

LIne source or Ht-3?
« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2005, 12:49 am »
Thanks for the order.

Finish a figured Maple.
We are luck to have a large supplier who will just allow myself to walk in the back open up a few boxs and pick my veneer I want to use.
As I like to match towers as close as possible this makes doing so very important and once I started doing business with this company and showing them pictures they soon under stood why getting sheets that are a close match when building towers is very important.

The HT3 are veneered in Maple but a figured Maple I picked out of a box of regular maple.

Not that this is important when building the HT3 as they can be done out of a single sheet of veneer.But I also did the HT6 and HT2C not yet loaded all in the same veneer as the HT3.
So we picked 2 sheets the same cut.

We ahve just released the kits but I will say that over the last week we have 6 people who are now building them. :mrgreen:
So in the next few weekes hope they will post some pictures.

As for the cabinet just remember the CNC (pre cut baffles are included and they can be used if you want to.This means the front panel is cut to 28" and the 12" baffle included in the kit will fill the rest.

Enjoy and I am sure you will like the HT3.