Value of older 102M TVC?

jimbop

Value of older 102M TVC?
« on: 3 Jan 2005, 12:35 am »
Can anyone tell me what would be a fair price for a Bent Audio 102M (in the early style large enclosure)?

2 inputs (1 RCA, 1 XLR)
3 outputs (2 RCA, 1 XLR)
no remote control

Thanks,
JD

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Value of older 102M TVC?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2005, 08:26 pm »
Hello!

I'll try and help best I can.... I have noticed a few tx102 based pre-amps come up used but have not really taken note of pricing so I can't answer from any hard data. A NOH pre-amp like the one you describe would have been about $1300 or so. Just guessing from memory that the model 102 would have been about $200 less when new. Something about 2/3 of the original cost would seem fair to me so about $700 to $800 or so would seem to fit.

One thing to note is that with direct sold products I don't think used prices seem as low as they do with retail priced units - where it is common to have paid 20% to 25%  less than list prices when new. With direct products sold at minimum margins the new price is very likely close to the posted price so when sold used they tend to be a bit closer in price to posted prices.

Maybe someone who has bought a used tx102 based pre-amp can let both of us know if this is close to what fair pricing would be. Hope that helps a bit!

Many Thanks!

John