I CAN POST THIS BECAUSE I LIVE HERE...

charmerci

Re: I CAN POST THIS BECAUSE I LIVE HERE...
« Reply #20 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:06 am »
Oh and by the way, all cows are cattle, not all cattle are cows. :P

Doc

Well, there's a bunch of bull....

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #21 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:08 am »
Well following your logic, why not call them all bulls? :lol:

Doc
Doc,
Fine by me. I really don't give a damn what they are called. We have succeeded in breeding the brains out of them and they are stupid.
Flatlander, So Called

pansixt

« Reply #22 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:26 am »
Well Hell,

Cow Steak, Beef Steak, Steer Steak Cattle Steak. Nobody mentioned my favorite Buffalo Steak.

But in the interest of Diplomacy, Lets let Bison's Be Bison's. :lol:

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #23 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:34 am »
Well Hell,

Cow Steak, Beef Steak, Steer Steak Cattle Steak. Nobody mentioned my favorite Buffalo Steak.

But in the interest of Diplomacy, Lets let Bison's Be Bison's. :lol:
Hear hear!
And bison at least have the brains to paw through snow to get at the grass underneath. Cows/cattle/bulls/steers don't.
Buffalo Eric

pansixt

« Reply #24 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:37 am »
I think maybe it would be " Here, Here". Ya Damn  non grammatical typing Flatlander!!!! :)

Unless you think you hear thunder and it painfully turned out to be hooves. Then it could be too late in Wyoming.

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #25 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:47 am »
I think maybe it would be " Here, Here". Ya Damn  non grammatical typing Flatlander!!!! :)

Unless you think you hear thunder and it painfully turned out to be hooves. Then it could be too late in Wyoming.
And to think I was trying to compliment you!
Suggest you Google "hear hear" and you will find my spelling is the correct usage. After all, years ago I was an English Major before Bowling Green State University decided I would be better off somewhere else.
Buffalo Eric

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #26 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:23 am »
............ years ago I was an English Major before Bowling Green State University decided I would be better off somewhere else.

Prison?    :lol:

pansixt

« Reply #27 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:30 am »
Way to go ThunderB!!!
Oh Doggone,
Eric
I was just razzin ya.
The Plains Truth of the matter is I am jealous of you. Living in Wyoming. One of my mostest favorite of places.
The Wyoming winters weed out all but the hardiest. Having spent a couple winters on the Res at Wind River, I miss that
place.
And that coffee shop in Rock Springs with the Maple Long John pastries and the strongest coffee in the state. Wow. Bliss.

James

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #28 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:34 am »
Prison?    :lol:
I can honestly borrow the following statement of a Louisiana politician who actually used it as a campaign slogan:  "Never been indicted."
I don't remember which pol used it, but know it wasn't Edwin Edwards, as he had already been indicted when he successfully ran for governor.
By "somewhere else," I believe BGSU was thinking about the bottom of a ditch.
Eric S.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #29 on: 8 Dec 2013, 02:06 pm »
For me it's "Never been convicted", a point I am deeply indebted to well connected attorneys for.  In more ways than one.

dflee

« Reply #30 on: 8 Dec 2013, 02:46 pm »
For me it'd be "Never Spent Time" (again, great lawyers).

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #31 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:04 pm »
I can honestly borrow the following statement of a Louisiana politician who actually used it as a campaign slogan:  "Never been indicted."
I don't remember which pol used it, but know it wasn't Edwin Edwards, as he had already been indicted when he successfully ran for governor.

Eric S.

Hey, Hey! We've got our own traditions in the great state of Louisiana but I thought this thread was for ripping Wyoming or Montana or one of those square states!  :thumb:

Thank you,

Gene
« Last Edit: 8 Dec 2013, 04:36 pm by Goosepond »

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #32 on: 8 Dec 2013, 03:24 pm »
Hey, Hey! We've got our own traditions in the great state of Louisiana but I thought this thread was for ripping Wyoming or Montana or one of those square states!  :thumb:

Thanks you,

Gene

Well, Wyoming and Montana certainly have their good points (they're completely above sea level, for one), but the politicians here can't hold a candle to Huey or Earl Long or even to Edwin Edwards. We do have the evil Dick Cheney, but the most noteworthy thing he has done to date is shoot his lawyer friend in the face. When the news of that occasion finally broke out, The Casper Star-Tribune ran a front page story headlined "Cheney Bags Lawyer." And that is God's honest truth.
Eric S.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #33 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:35 pm »
You're above sea level, we're mostly below sea level so I guess in the end it all evens out doesn't it?

I actually like Cheney. I often wondered what kind of Prez he would have made instead of ole Dubya. He definitely impresses me as someone you don't f**k with.

As far as EE, everyone knew he was crooked but at least he entertained you! And he was from my part of the state, coonass country, so you take what you can get!  :duh:

Oh and I like your old radio. I think I told you once, I've got a house full of Zenith's, Philco's, Atwater Kent's, GM's (yes, General Motors  :D). They certainly don't make them like that anymore.

Gene

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #34 on: 8 Dec 2013, 04:42 pm »
Personally, I couldn't live in a place that was more than an couple of  hours away from the ocean, didn't have decent pizza, knishes and all the Italians were on the witness protection program. :wink:

Doc

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #35 on: 8 Dec 2013, 05:20 pm »

...As far as EE, everyone knew he was crooked but at least he entertained you! And he was from my part of the state, coonass country, so you take what you can get!  :duh:

Oh and I like your old radio. I think I told you once, I've got a house full of Zenith's, Philco's, Atwater Kent's, GM's (yes, General Motors  :D). They certainly don't make them like that anymore.

Gene
Gene,
I still remember the Edwin Edwards bumper sticker from that gubernatorial race:  "Vote for the Crook, It's Important."
Just one reason why I love Louisiana politics, although I have never lived there.
If you get a chance to acquire a 16 or 18 tube pre-war Midwest with a decent cabinet, grab it. The chassis is practically bullet-proof with better than average power and output transformers (Midwest wound their own). The sticky point will be the cabinet. Nearly all models were art-deco masterpieces, but were assembled "quick and dirty" to keep costs down.
Midwest also sold lots of chassis/speaker combos without cabinets, and that's often what you see on the 'bay.
Eric S.   

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #36 on: 8 Dec 2013, 05:36 pm »
Personally, I couldn't live in a place that was more than an couple of  hours away from the ocean, didn't have decent pizza, knishes and all the Italians were on the witness protection program. :wink:

Doc
Doc,
There's not much Cowboy State residents can do about the absence of oceans, except possibly wait for global warming to really take effect. And before that happens, the Yellowstone Nat'l Park caldera probably will blow, taking Wyoming and most of the U.S. west of the Mississippi River off the map.
There is ONE good pizza place in Wyoming. Unfortunately, it is located in the tiny town of Lusk, which is many miles and hours of travel from everywhere else in Wyoming.
And I suspect nobody here knows a knish from a pierogi.
Eric S. 

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #37 on: 8 Dec 2013, 05:46 pm »
Gene,
I still remember the Edwin Edwards bumper sticker from that gubernatorial race:  "Vote for the Crook, It's Important."
Just one reason why I love Louisiana politics, although I have never lived there.

Eric S.   

Eric,

I'm old enough to remember Earl Long being Governor, what a mess that was. And then we followed him up with Jimmie Davis (You Are My Sunshine)!

But as Winston Churchill was supposed to have said, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the rest".  :thumb:

Gene

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #38 on: 8 Dec 2013, 05:47 pm »
...............is many miles and hours of travel from everywhere else in Wyoming.

So is everything else in Wyoming.

Eric Strasen

• Midwest S-16
« Reply #39 on: 8 Dec 2013, 05:55 pm »
So is everything else in Wyoming.
Nope. Just "All the Civilization You Need."
For the civilization you don't need, New Jersey probably is the ticket.
Eric S.