Bound For Sound

Eric

Bound For Sound
« on: 1 Oct 2013, 08:26 pm »
Is Bound For Sound gone? I know Marty was dealing with some health issues. I no longer see their web site up and functioning :(

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Bound For Sound
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2013, 12:32 pm »
Looks like more of a server error rather than the site not being there any more.

Nick B

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2014, 10:10 pm »
I don't recall the last time I received a Bound for Sound journal. Seems like the website no longer exists and Marty didn't answer my email of Feb 24th. I've been a subscriber since the early 90's and am concerned about him. Anyone have any current information about Marty?
Thanks,
Nick

bacobits1

« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2014, 10:22 pm »
I'm also a long time subscriber.
The site no longer is listed.
I have not read anything anywhere.

Nick B

« Reply #4 on: 1 Apr 2014, 08:45 pm »
I misplaced my BFS binder, so don't have any recent journals. Marty has had others post reviews, so if anyone has a recent journal...2012 or 2103...with the name and email address of that reviewer, pls post it here or send me a PM and I'll attempt to contact. Otherwise, I will send a letter to the last known address I have on N Main St in Kewanee IL
Nick

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2014, 08:54 pm »
Dr. Richard Weiner was one of Marty's reviewers and close friend, he's up in Port Washington, WI and now writing for Part Time Audiophile. When we talked last, about a month ago, he said that he can no longer reach Marty either and has not heard from him in quite sometime (most of 2013 and now 2014). Hence his move to another reviewing group to write for.

It's ashamed as I really enjoyed Bound for Sound.

Nick B

« Reply #6 on: 1 Apr 2014, 09:39 pm »
Thanks, I remember Weiner and his reviews and will send a letter to Kewanee requiring a signature and will post what I found out here

Nick B

« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2014, 07:47 pm »
I sent a return receipt requested letter recently and it was returned to me today having been signed last Friday. I have a different address now and the office phone # message says the office will be closed until this Friday. The new address is the same one that's listed in the Henry County Illinois Bar Association listing for Kewanee. This is all via public records now, but I don't feel comfortable posting that information here. I will try to call the office on Friday.

Nick B

« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2014, 11:50 pm »
I received a nice card today from Laura, Marty's wife. She told me his health has not been good the last few years and she doesn't know if he will resume BFS or not. I was hoping for better news and it appears Marty has trouble discussing this. I've been a subscriber since 1990? or so and have missed his journal. I feel some relief knowing he is still with us and pray for his better health. As it's online,his address is

http://www.henrycty.com/Departments/CircuitClerk/BarAssociation/tabid/168/Default.aspx   scroll to Kewanee. I don't know if it's a business or home address

JAMn Joe, maybe you can pass this along to Dr Weiner. I really enjoyed his reviews

Nick