Which American audio company is making top notch quality gear in the USA?

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
Well to clarify, I own AVA, VPI and Vandersteen products. The latter two for over twenty years. The customer service, quality, sound and pricing are outstanding for all. Once I find a company that meets my criteria, I tend to stick with them. I'm planning upgrades shortly and I'm pretty sure that I won't change manufacturers.

Doc

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
AVA
Channel Islands Audio
Fritz Speakers
P.I. Audio Group
Oswalds Mill Audio

jimdgoulding

AR-T
Audience
Bully Sound Company
D'Agostino Audio
Green Mountain Audio
MG Audio
PS Audio
Silver Circle Audio
Synergistic Research
Wavestream Kinetics
Wilson Audio
Silver Circle Audio . . that's my boy and I'll be trying shortly to get another invitation to his house.  I blew the last one.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Silver Circle Audio . . that's my boy and I'll be trying shortly to get another invitation to his house.  I blew the last one.
I met him at RMAF and to say he's interesting would be a severe understatement. 

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
VAC is made in Sarasota Florida. Top notch tube preamps and amps..
VAC Valve Amplification Company

I managed to find a used VAC Standard preamp and it is a great preamp.

Kimber cable is a made in USA company. All the wires are manufactured in USA. And the wire is sourced in USA.. (not made abroad and assembled inUSA.)

jakelieb

Rick Craig, aka Shelah Audio, builds some beautiful speakers here in North Carolina. 

jakelieb

Selah Audio, sorry Rick. :duh:

geowak

My understanding is you are asking for a list of companies who have products we own or maybe have owned, not just any company we can think of--right?

Well, good question. I don't think we should limit this to the pieces one has owned. Did you hear it somewhere else, and would not hesitate to get one?? I think that's a decent qualifier. But I would only list what I own myself, but I am very critical.

The only two companies that I can think of (like this), which I have not owned are AVA and Salk. I would not hesitate to buy an audio piece from either one.

Don_S

geowak,

Thanks for the clarification.  Your original post said "Give us some credible info on a brand and model you have".  Now that I am unleashed has anyone done the "Zs yet"?

Zesto

Well, good question. I don't think we should limit this to the pieces one has owned. Did you hear it somewhere else, and would not hesitate to get one?? I think that's a decent qualifier. But I would only list what I own myself, but I am very critical.

The only two companies that I can think of (like this), which I have not owned are AVA and Salk. I would not hesitate to buy an audio piece from either one.

timind

• permanent vacation
Resolution Audio is another.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I'd guess very few audio companies source a majority of the parts used to construct their equipment in the USA. Case in point is the cables I make, they are technically made in the USA... I put a good amount of labor into each set of cables, but the wire and connectors are made by Neotech and Furutech, which are not made in the USA. For me, there is value in buying goods made in the USA regardless of the source of the parts used, just don't be fooled into thinking that means the entire piece of equipment consists of parts made in the USA.

In any case, I don't have a single piece of audio equipment that isn't made in the USA and I am very happy with all of it:

Schiit Bifrost DAC
DIY preamp, amp, cables
Omega Speakers
Adire Audio Subwoofer (not 100% sure of it's origins, it was purchased used without documentation)

WireNut

Vapor Audio. Painstaking cabinet builds.  :bowdown:

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
VAC is made in Sarasota Florida. Top notch tube preamps and amps..
VAC Valve Amplification Company

Thanks for mentioning VAC. I should add that Kevin Hayes is not only deeply passionate about his products, but he's equally passionate about customer service. I have a great deal of respect for him as a person, as well as an engineer. Far too many other names have been mentioned that I would like to second, but my experience with VAC (not just Kevin, but Brent and others - the attitude permeates the company) has been incredible.

WireNut

Bent Audio
     Oops that's Canada 

won ton on

How about Bose...........sorry couldn't resist,i don't even know if they make anything in the US.

bummrush

Don_S

Yes, Coda

They are my neighbors (only a few miles away).  Made me think of another neighbor that has not been mentioned yet (about 10 miles away).

Von Gaylord Audio

More neighbors (slightly farther away)

Pass Labs
MIT Cable

Coda

bummrush

I always wanted a Coda product even way back when they made stuff for Legacy. I got the last of the Windows 4 series with black face plate, couldn't be happier.

Don_S

Need a little help here.  There is a very high end DAC builder (DACs are shaped like space ships) walking distance from me.  I can't think of their name. They don't get much press because they are uber expensive.  I am not sure if the space ships are built there or in Mars.  :o

AKLegal

Cant' believe no one has mentioned Tyler Acoustics yet.