Which American audio company is making top notch quality gear in the USA?

pansixt

Cant' believe no one has mentioned Tyler Acoustics yet.

Glad you just did. Seriously great sounding, affordable, and well built USA EQ :thumb:

Doublej

Thiel Audio
AudioKinesis
U-turn Audio
Audio Artistry
Wood Artistry

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward

Cary Audio
Grace Designs
Bellari 
Martin Logan (maybe just their more expensive models?)
DH Labs cables
Bel Canto
Krell is now made in China I believe (or am I thinking of Levinson?)

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward
McIntosh Labs  (holy crap how could I forget)  :duh:

pansixt

jimdgoulding

Cant' believe no one has mentioned Tyler Acoustics yet.
Probably just an oversight and worthy of several hurrahs. 

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com

CAT

Rocket_Ronny

soundbitten1

A tougher question would be ... is there any American company making low quality gear in the USA?

audiogoober

Daedalus Audio
Modwright
Manley Labs

:thumb: +1

And:

First Sound

Pass Labs (+ Mark at Reno Hi Fi)

jackman

Power Sound Audio - started by the guys who started SVS.  Drivers and cabinets are all made in USA. 

I'm not sure if any current SVS products are made in the USA.  Not slamming them because they still offer excellent values.  I believe they are 100% China.

geowak

A tougher question would be ... is there any American company making low quality gear in the USA?

Yes. I think many times, when the honeymoon is over and we see that the stuff we bought is not that great, we find lower quality and performance than we expected. IMHO.

This company might be a good example- but thankfully located in Sweden. http://www.coconut-audioshop.com/ I really love this guy!

hotmailjbc

odyssey [cyclops]
magnepan [mmgs]
phase technology [pc series speakers]
sunfire [crm-2 and hrs subs]
morrow audio [ ics, spk, sub, power, digital cables]
aurelex [subdudes]
just a few in my set up that are real values with great performance.

rave959

I do like Parasound equipment and it is built to a high quality standard, but although designed in the US, it is manufactured in Taiwan.

Steve

Thanks for that info, Steve!

:thumb:
Ian

rave959

DeVore Fidelity is also pretty good.  I heard their Gibbon Lines 3 and 8.  Both were pretty good with plenty of sparkle and air.

Best,
Ian

Don_S

Well you guys were no help.  Shame, shame, shame.  :lol: I found the company. Their HQ is just over spitting distance from me but the website makes no mention of where manufacturing is based. Of course for the price it is obvious that although I may be close by, I am definitely on the other side of the railroad tracks.

Light Harmonic builds the $20,000 Da Vinci DAC.

Need a little help here.  There is a very high end DAC builder (DACs are shaped like space ships) walking distance from me.  I can't think of their name. They don't get much press because they are uber expensive.  I am not sure if the space ships are built there or in Mars.  :o

Doublej

Spectron
ATI

Bones71

How about Bose...........sorry couldn't resist,i don't even know if they make anything in the US.

Hilarious!!!

WireNut

How about Bose...........sorry couldn't resist,i don't even know if they make anything in the US.

My sister: Bose, Bose, Bose, but is it better then Bose.
    :deadhorse:
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2013, 05:16 am by WireNut »

mrlittlejeans

Audible Illusions

OzarkTom

Vaughn Loudspeakers

Keep watch for Jim Vaughn's new plasma tweeters that he is currently working on, that will be a special treat. He just had a rave review from Stereo Times on the Triode III's.