Analog Touch mod limited time special offer

Wayne1

Analog Touch mod limited time special offer
« on: 1 Feb 2012, 04:58 pm »
All prices on mods, power supplies and cables went up today (2/1/12)

To somewhat offset this, I wish to offer the AC members a limited time, special offer.

I am will to do a partial analog mod to your Touch for $60.00 including shipping within the lower 48 states.

This mod removes the low quality, output stage electrolytic coupling caps. I replace them with a short length of cryo-treated, solid core copper wire. This will improve the sound of the Touch to the point that you may reconsider the need for any outboard DAC. Couple this mod with the Soundcheck software mods and you will have a very good front end to build from.

This special offer is good for ONE WEEK only. It is over next Wednesday 2/7/12.

Please contact me by e-mail to arrange shipping to me. Payment is to be made upfront. Either PayPal or include a check with your Touch. No credit cards for this price.

pardales

Re: Analog Touch mod limited time special offer
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2012, 05:08 pm »
Are there still different level of Analog mods?

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2012, 06:29 pm »
This special is something I have not offered before. It is the simplest thing that can be done to improve the sound of the analog outputs of the Touch.

The normal analog mods include this change and install additional parts in the power supplies for the DAC chip. The circuit of the DAC chip gets additional parts. That mod costs $250.00.

The Full Mod adds a custom voltage regulator for the clock and digital output. This also has benefits for the analog output. Additional parts are installed to improve the digital output signal. That mod is $550.00

Wayne1

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2012, 04:33 pm »
A reminder that the special pricing on the mod ends today.

Spend $60.00 to make a LARGE difference in the sound of your Touch. Coupled with a linear power supply, you may not need an external DAC.

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm »
Got mine back from Wayne today and while I'm going to run it awhile to get the full measure of the difference, I will say it's a huge "bang for the buck" mod.
Hibuck....

Wayne1

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2012, 03:51 pm »
I have decided to extend this mod offer but at a higher price.

The partial analog mod will be added to the website for $75.00 plus shipping.

You can also contact me directly through PM or e-mail.

As hibuckhobby states, this mod can give you great bang for the buck.