Furman Elite-15 PFI
Teddy Pardo 19/3 Linear PSU
Intel NUC with Ubuntu 18.04 & Roon Server
Mojo Audio Mystique V2 SE DAC
Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone preamp
First Watt SIT-3 amplifier
Omega Super Alnico High Output Monitors
Audio rack & speaker stands built by me

A work in progress but it's nice to finally have everything in place to start configuring, improving & tweaking. It was getting old having everything sitting on top of the boxes it shipped in and using bar stools to block me from doing something stupid like tripping over a speaker cable & ripping out a binding post.  :)

Very nice and tastefully done.  I love the way the different lamps and the different figures in the painting break up the symmetry of the setup.  There must be some artist in you.

timbley

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #241 on: 6 Dec 2018, 03:05 am »
Wow, a lot of elegant setups on this thread! Great looking stuff. I'm sure it sounds great too.

odonata

« Reply #242 on: 6 Dec 2018, 03:53 am »
Very nice and tastefully done.  I love the way the different lamps and the different figures in the painting break up the symmetry of the setup.  There must be some artist in you.

I appreciate the compliment but I'm afraid you're giving me way too much credit.  :)

Whenever I go on vacation, I always gravitate towards art museums because I'm impressed by people who have a talent that I lack (think poorly executed stick figures).

The lamps are by Isama Noguchi and have been handmade in Gifu, Japan since 1951. I really like them a lot. He's actually more famous for the coffee table he designed and people are more familiar with it. I stumbled across one of his sculptures while wandering around the Crystal Bridges museum last year. They're sitting on a pair of tables by Grete Jalk.

I really liked the painting because it reminded me of our family farm in Kentwood, Louisiana that I used to run around on when I was a kid. A solitary farmhouse, fields, pecan trees and a fishing pond. It's a painting by Galya Popova of her family's dacha outside of Moscow. Opposite side of the planet but a lot of similarities that I could identify with. I like listening to tunes & looking at it. A big glass of red wine doesn't hurt.
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2018, 12:49 pm by odonata »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #243 on: 6 Dec 2018, 07:09 pm »
Thank you odonata for the links.  Lamps, tables, art, all very beautiful.

dapoun

« Reply #244 on: 12 Dec 2018, 05:53 pm »

This is my current system. New room and bigger than my previous one allowing for a larger spread for my SAMs, close to a 10' spread. Newly installed Dynavector DV20XL yielding greater detail and resolution over my previous Soundsmith Carmen. The addition of 2 GIK panels, courtesy of a local buddy, elevated my enjoyment of this system even more.

sunnydaze

« Reply #245 on: 12 Dec 2018, 09:56 pm »

This is my current system. New room and bigger than my previous one allowing for a larger spread for my SAMs, close to a 10' spread. Newly installed Dynavector DV20XL yielding greater detail and resolution over my previous Soundsmith Carmen. The addition of 2 GIK panels, courtesy of a local buddy, elevated my enjoyment of this system even more.

Sweet!   :thumb:

I've enjoyed this setup a few times -- sounds even better than it looks.  See my recent comments on it here (Reply #5):

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=160304.msg1714222#msg1714222

roscoe65

« Reply #246 on: 12 Dec 2018, 10:42 pm »

Are you still selling the SAMs?  I just sold my pair (I'm local to you - 11746) not because I didn't love the sound but because they were too big for the space I wanted to use them in.  I'm currently without an alnico Omega (I do have pairs of Super 3 and Super 3HO monitors), though I will likely go for a CAM at a later point.

dapoun

« Reply #247 on: 13 Dec 2018, 02:41 pm »
Although the ad is still up, the SAMs are not going anywhere. This is by far, the most enjoyable system I have ever owned. Natural and involving!

sunnydaze

« Reply #248 on: 13 Dec 2018, 05:20 pm »
Although the ad is still up, the SAMs are not going anywhere. This is by far, the most enjoyable system I have ever owned. Natural and involving!

Smart move......and I agree!     :thumb:

Dynamite

« Reply #249 on: 13 Jan 2019, 05:13 pm »
Still work in progress as I'm transitioning from a HT setup

BryanNguyen

« Reply #250 on: 20 Jan 2019, 07:57 am »

My beautiful SAMs (thanks Louis for perfect walnut veneer) driven by woo tube headphone amps.
My SET amp couldnt arrive soon enough.

Cheese-burger

« Reply #251 on: 1 May 2019, 10:34 am »
Made some recent upgrades to my power and added footers beneath the SAM and DAC

Changed the wall receptacle from standard UK to Furutech GTX-D Rhodium US, and added an Uptone JS-2 to power the SoTM SMS-200 and Chord Qutest
Also got meself a Plixir power conditioner

Effect was a blacker background with improved dimensionality and depth

krisgel

« Reply #252 on: 29 Aug 2019, 10:51 am »
I don't have a full system pic, but here is a few pics of my Omega speakers.

krisgel

« Reply #253 on: 29 Aug 2019, 10:54 am »
One more view...

Doody

• Troublemaker
« Reply #254 on: 29 Aug 2019, 02:31 pm »
Wanted to share my Omega setup in my home-office/listening-room/man-cave.

This is my standing desk, with a pair of Omega Compact Alnico Monitors in quartered macassar ebony on Auralex MOPADs (angling them down by -4 degrees). On the floor is an Omega DeepHemp 8 sub in matching finish on an Auralex SubDude-II.

The setup is driven by a Roon server feeding a Chord Hugo M Scaler upscaler, outputting to a Chord Hugo 2 DAC, which is driving the system directly (no other amplification on the CAMs).

I've totally drunk the kool-aid on getting amplifiers out of the mix if/when possible. Can't recommend the digital Chord products highly enough. And it goes without saying - but I'll say it anyway - that I can't recommend Omega products highly enough!

Yes, the wiring needs some cleanup. ;-)

While I have considered an upgrade to SAMs (I'd move these CAMs from my home in Boston to my apartment in NYC - the Hugo 2 already travels with me back and forth), the SAMs just won't fit on the desk (you can see that the CAMs barely fit).

Doody

FormerLS50

« Reply #255 on: 29 Aug 2019, 02:45 pm »
Well, I just got some two toned Makore/Cherry Omega Super 3i.  I used to have Kef LS50, which I really liked. I went through a hi powered Yamaha AV Receiver, then Peachtree iNova, then Roksan Kandy, then finally the Nuprime ida 8. Then moved and sold them. Now in a very small apartment and got a small Marantz NR1403 slimline Receiver....with Dynaudio Xeo 2s for a small 5.1 setup. Great sound with the Xeos for Movie and Music.  WAF is very important, no speakers can be visible by TV... needed a non powered speaker to make things easier for wife to control setup and still image well being inside the cabinet. Thought of buying Kefs again, but realized the small Marantz would not have the power for the LS50. So got the Omegas after confirming with Louis that they will sound ok placed horizontally. Louis was quite helpful! Media Cabinet doors have speaker grill cloth that replaced the glass.

This is my first post, please be merciful if there are any flaws in my post. Thanks

mdss68

« Reply #256 on: 4 Nov 2019, 01:30 pm »
Super 6 XRS Alnico's; New to me a few months ago, but previously living in Italy for about ten years.....Paired with an AudioNote Oto SE they make truly wonderful music!!

Tori3

« Reply #257 on: 25 Nov 2019, 08:12 pm »
Been cruising this forum for a while. These Omega Super 3 XRSs are really something - great looking, too! If interested, more information can be found through Audiogon’s Virtual Systems: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8057

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #258 on: 25 Nov 2019, 11:10 pm »
Been cruising this forum for a while. These Omega Super 3 XRSs are really something - great looking, too! If interested, more information can be found through Audiogon’s Virtual Systems: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8057

Nice looking setup.  8)

jtcf

« Reply #259 on: 26 Nov 2019, 05:01 am »
Beautiful room.