Lafayette KT550 !! Holy Cow!!!!!

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
Re: Lafayette KT550 !! Holy Cow!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2020, 12:34 am »
Talk about a topic that has risen from the dead!  :lol:

What ?? The thread is only 12 years old. Last time I saw Topround was about 2 years ago at CAF

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jul 2020, 12:48 am »
As post #1 say this amp have big transformers as was usual in the hey days, current crop of tube amps have the most anemic transformers in audio history to increase profits.

belle harbor

« Reply #22 on: 1 Aug 2020, 10:49 am »
To set the record straight on this incredible amplifier, it was designed by my late friend Aaron Newman who took over as chief engineer of Lafayette when Hegeman severed ties with the company.  Aaron was Hegeman’s protege.  It is very sad that Hegeman has been associated with this unit as well as the equally incredible KT-600 preamp. 

mzbrahce

« Reply #23 on: 19 Aug 2020, 12:52 am »

MTVhike

« Reply #24 on: 8 Nov 2020, 04:58 pm »
I used to have a Citation II and when I had to clean out my house, I moved it to my university where I stored it in the basement. Unfortunately, someone went through that basement and smashed all the tubes, so I abandoned it, not realizing what I had. That was about 1999. I had build it from the kits HK was selling in the mid '60s.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #25 on: 8 Nov 2020, 07:52 pm »
I used to have a Citation II and when I had to clean out my house, I moved it to my university where I stored it in the basement. Unfortunately, someone went through that basement and smashed all the tubes, so I abandoned it, not realizing what I had. That was about 1999. I had build it from the kits HK was selling in the mid '60s.

:cry: