See you April 15th - 17th at AXPONA

jsalk

See you April 15th - 17th at AXPONA
« on: 29 Mar 2016, 06:00 pm »
AXPONA is fast becoming America's premiere audio show and it is coming up fast!

This year, April 15th - 17th, we'll be showing in three rooms...

We'll be sharing room 432 with Frank Van Alstine who will be showing his new 1kWatt Fet-Valve amplifier driving a pair of SoundScape 8's. There will be plenty of power to spare!

On the lower level, we'll be in two rooms...

We're sharing the large Director's B Room with Gingko Audio, Dana Cables, Luminous Audio Technology and Wells Audio.  We'll be showing our Exotica 3's, our new PowerPlay fully-active monitors, a new Roon-Ready version of our StreamPlayer and other surprises. 

In the Sherman room, we're planning to launch a new 3-way speaker along with Wells Audio's new Majestic integrated amp in a fabulous under $10K system.

Hope to see you all there for the festivities!

- Jim
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2016, 07:47 pm by jsalk »

mritschdorff

Re: See you April 15th - 17th at AXPONA
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2016, 06:52 pm »
That's great news about the the Roon ready StreamPlayer! I have the the gen 2 version of the StreamPlayer, is it possible to upgrade it to Roon ready? If so, what would the approximate cost be?   Sounds like Salk is very well represented at AXPONA! Best wishes to you for a successful show.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2016, 07:21 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you there Jim.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2016, 08:54 pm »
Have a great show Jim.  :thumb:

Ern Dog

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2016, 01:09 am »
Sounds like its going to be a great show!  Tell us more about the new Roon-Ready StreamPlayer?  Exciting news!

martyo

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2016, 10:58 am »
Apparently you have decided to change the mind of the Funk Bros. so that we will now be attending. Looking forward to seeing you and Mary and the new gear!

volsfan846

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2016, 01:57 pm »

We'll be sharing room 432 with Frank Van Alstine who will be showing his new 1kWatt Fet-Valve amplifier driving a pair of SoundScape 8's. There will be plenty of power to spare!

We're sharing the Sherman Room with Gingko Audio, Dana Cables, Luminous Audio Technology and Wells Audio.  We'll be showing our Exotica 3's, our new PowerPlay fully-active monitors, a new Roon-Ready version of our StreamPlayer and other surprises. 

In the Director's B room, we're planning to launch a new 3-way speaker along with Wells Audio's new Majestic integrated amp in a fabulous under $10K system.

- Jim

Thanks but no thanks Jim. I just got my HT-3's up and running, I don't want to go anywhere near SS 8's  :nono: :nono:

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2016, 03:14 pm »
Hope to see some of you there.  I'm flying in for the day on Saturday. 

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 30 Mar 2016, 04:32 pm »
Thanks but no thanks Jim. I just got my HT-3's up and running, I don't want to go anywhere near SS 8's  :nono: :nono:

Wise indeed!

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2016, 07:57 pm »
I'll fill in the blanks on the Roon-Ready Generation III StreamPlayer after we return from AXPONA...stay tuned.

- Jim

billmcc

« Reply #10 on: 1 Apr 2016, 02:57 am »
I'm looking forward to some information and pictures of new 3-way speaker :). Just what I need is a third pair of Salk speakers ;).

Bill

jsalk

« Reply #11 on: 9 Apr 2016, 02:23 pm »
Busy times around here as there are just a few days left before we pack and leave for AXPONA.  Here are some highlights of what we and our partners will be showing:

Room 432:

Salk SoundScape 8's

World Premiere: Audio by Van Alstine DVA850 monoblock amplifiers

And more...

Director’s B Room in Lower Level:

World Premiere: Salk StreamPlayer Generation III (MSRP $1,695)- Headless, fan-less Roon-Ready Linux-based music server
(features updated Roon version 1.2 due to be released just prior to AXPONA). 

VPI Prime turntable with a 3D arm ($4,000) and a Soundsmith Hyperion cartridge ($7,500) - feeding a Luminous Audio Arion phono preamp ($6,795).

Salk Exotica 3s speaker system ($12,995) driven by Wells Audio Innamorata Signature amplifier ($15,000).

Gingko Audio and Danacable products throughout.

World Premiere:  Salk PowerPlay monitors ($2,295)- fully active monitors with a built-in DAC, preamp and amps, featuring three switchable inputs (analog, coaxial S/PDIF, and USB) with remote control of inputs and volume.

Sherman Room in Lower Level:

World Premiere:  Wells Audio Majestic integrated amplifier ($3,499).

World Premiere:  (yet-to-be-named) new Salk 3-way speaker system ($2,895)

World Premiere:  Salk StreamPlayer Generation II Mini (in a smaller case and lower-power processor) ($1,195)

Lampizator Amber PCM/DSD DAC ($2200)

This system is wired up with Danacables ($3,780)

SHOW SPECIAL: We are offering a complete system (Majestic, Salk 3-way, Lampizator Amber DAC, and Danacables for a show special price of $9,899 (20% off MSRP of $12,374).

EarGear Expo in Lobby Level:

World Premiere: Wells Audio Milo headphones amplifier ($1,499)

Danacable headphones cables.  We will show a direct comparison of Danacables versus stock cables for Hifiman, Enigma Acoustic, and other headphones.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show.  If you would like a private showing for any of these products at the show, PM or email me.

- Jim

Charles Xavier

« Reply #12 on: 9 Apr 2016, 04:00 pm »
Will the StreamPlayer Mini be Roon ready also ?

jsalk

« Reply #13 on: 9 Apr 2016, 04:13 pm »
Will the StreamPlayer Mini be Roon ready also ?

No.  It will have the same functionality of the current Generation II StreamPlayer.  Roon is a complex application that requires greater power processor than is required for the original Generation II StreamPlayer or this new StreamPlayer Generation II mini. 

- Jim

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #14 on: 9 Apr 2016, 07:03 pm »

SHOW SPECIAL: We are offering a complete system (Majestic, Salk 3-way, Lampizator Amber DAC, and Danacables for a show special price of $9,899 (20% off MSRP of $12,374).

Wow, what a great system package!

Saturn94

« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2016, 02:16 am »
Any pics from the show for us poor saps who couldn't be there? ;)

strateahed

« Reply #16 on: 19 Apr 2016, 01:15 am »

We're sharing the large Director's B Room with Gingko Audio, Dana Cables, Luminous Audio Technology and Wells Audio.  We'll be showing our Exotica 3's, our new PowerPlay fully-active monitors, a new Roon-Ready version of our StreamPlayer and other surprises. 

In the Sherman room, we're planning to launch a new 3-way speaker along with Wells Audio's new Majestic integrated amp in a fabulous under $10K system.

- Jim

Saw some great comments about the new 3-way speaker from Axpona coverage. Any more detailed description or specs about these newest additions to the Salk line-up?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #17 on: 19 Apr 2016, 02:23 am »
Saw some great comments about the new 3-way speaker from Axpona coverage. Any more detailed description or specs about these newest additions to the Salk line-up?

Actually, I haven't seen any comments about them, and they were kind of hidden away at the far end of the lower lobby in a very small room.  Any particular threads you're referring to?   They use a Satori 7.5" woofer in a bass reflex cabinet that has useful response to around 32 Hz.   The midrange is the bamboo version of the titanium mid I use in the Phil Slims.  The tweeter is an OEM RAAL, very similar but apparently not identical to the tweeter in the Ascend Sierra 2.  The most unusual feature is the rare combination of relatively high sensitivity with deep bass reach, all from a single woofer.   
'

Saturn94

« Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2016, 02:28 am »
Dennis, did you get my PMs?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #19 on: 19 Apr 2016, 03:14 am »
Dennis, did you get my PMs?

Just saw them.  I think my last post gave some details.  The main difference is sensitivity and power handling, both of which are higher on the new 3-way than on the Slims.  That's not a normal combination, and that's why you have to pay extra to get it.