VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #80 on: 28 Apr 2014, 03:17 pm »
Repost:  VMPS SPEAKERS FF-3 TOWERS WITH SPECIAL RIBBON TWEETER WITH VMPS CROSSOVER.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151289456518?item=151289456518&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Starting Bid:  US $999.00

Buy It Now:  US $1,800.00

"VMPS F3 SPEAKERS FOR LOCAL PICK UP ONLY. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE ONE PICTURE THE WOOD FOR THE RIBBON TWEETER PANEL IS BROKE. THAT'S THE CASE FOR THE LEFT SPEAKER AS WELL. THE WOOD PIECE FOR THE LEFT SPEAKER IS LOST. THIS HAPPENED DURING THE MOVING OF THE SPEAKERS. THESE ARE 200 LBS PER SPEAKER. 64'' TALL 16'' DEEP AND 19'' WIDE WITH THE RIBBON ATTACHED. THE SOUND FROM THESE SPEAKERS IN MY WORDS ARE OUTSTANDING YES THEY WORK AND WORK AWESOME. THE WOOD BREAKAGE DOES NOT EFFECT THE SOUND ONLY THE LOOK. THIS CAN BE FIXED WITH SOME WOOD WORKING SKILLS.  THE GRILLS ARE VELCRO ON THE PLASTIC PINS BROOK FROM THE OTHER OWNER. I'M THE 2ND OWNER. I LOVE TO LISTEN TO THESE BUT I HAVE OTHER SPEAKERS AND FOR SIZE AND ROOM SAKE I WOULD LIKE THESE TO GO TO ANOTHER AUDIO GUY LIKE MYSELF. THE WOOD IS GREAT FOR AGE 7 OUT OF 10. AGAIN I WILL SAY THE BEST TOWER SPEAKER THAT I HAVE LISTEN TOO. GOOGLE THEM AND READ MORE AND ABOUT THE FOUNDER  ALSO COMES WITH THE EXTERNAL CROSSOVER AND POWER SUPPLY. I DO NOT USE IT  I'M NOT SURE IF IT WORKS SO IT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT OR SERVICED. THANKS FOR LOOKING. ASK ME ANY ???s ABOUT THE SPEAKERS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO REPLY. PICK UP ONLY. YOU WILL NEED A PICKUP TRUCK OR SUV. NO BOX'S. VMPS FF-3  ALSO HAS A DOWN FIRING SUB-WOOFER. You can make me a offer please no low ball offers. These sound crazy good."

Stimpy

« Reply #81 on: 28 Apr 2014, 03:20 pm »
Repost:  VMPS RM 2 Ribbon Monitors Floor Standing Full Range Stereo Speakers

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm-2-ribbon-monitors-floor-standing-full-range-stereo-speakers-2014-04-23-speakers-10570

Minimum Bid:  $1100.00

Original owner of two wonderful, large (approx. 45"x 14"x 16") floorstanding RM2's in piano black lacquer finish. Two ribbon tweeters, two mid-range ribbon panels, one 12" carbon fiber active plus 12" passive woofer per speaker. Neodymium planar midrange drivers. 8/10 as one speaker has broken plastic tab on corner of removable speaker grill. Barely noticeable (and could probably be glued).

Original owner. Purchased factory direct. In addition to piano black ($400 extra) finish, also added mega woofers and additional Soundcoat insulation/bracing in cabinets, more expensive wiring (all done at factory with initial order). All told, total original price around $3600.

See photographs for directions to bi-amp which they are factory ready for. I never did that and don't think it necessary but the option is yours. Note that these speakers do not require bi-wired cables for normal operation. Back panels include adjustable treble and mid controls.

Fantastically revealing mid-range and big bass. Mainly listen to classical/opera plus rock and jazz and voices are superb, bass probably better than most speakers costing much much more. Moved to apartment and just can't deal with size (well, gf can't). Ran them mostly with Quicksilver V4 Mono Tube Amps (around 120 watts each) and Bryston 4BST (310 watts/ch) stereo solid state amp. Were in main system which didn't get a lot of use.

Prefer not to ship. Located in Pleasantville, NY (Westchester County). I travel sometimes between NYC and Boston so might be able to deliver along that corridor. However, will ship if necessary."

Stimpy

« Reply #82 on: 28 Apr 2014, 03:28 pm »
Bump:  VMPS RM-2 speakers for sale Milwaukee/Chicago area   -  $1500.00

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125532.0

"I have a near flawless set of RM-2s for sale in the Milwaukee/Chicago area. They are a light oak in color. Asking $1,500 cash and carry. Delivery in a realistic distance from Kenosha is also possible. Speakers work and sound perfectly, just cleaning house on my audio gear and will no longer need these. I have 4 others sets of VMPS speakers and until you hear a set of these on good gear you won't believe how good they sound. The last price on these from the factory before they went out of business (the owner passed away) was $3,000 for a new set. If interested, I can send more pictures of each speaker.

Sorry, but I will not ship these speakers."

Stimpy

« Reply #83 on: 5 May 2014, 04:25 pm »
SOLD.

VMPS RM40 Audiophile speakers! rare and sweet sounding. - $2950 (Madison, WI)

http://madison.craigslist.org/ele/4452273579.html

"If you know the history of this speaker and the company you know that these do not come up for sale very often and even more rare is finding them in the mid-west and there is a reason for that. Most dealers seemed to be more concentrated on the east coast. I recently made a road trip across five states to pick up two pair of these speakers and have decided to sell one pair. It was not an easy decision but I am comforted knowing that I am keeping a pair for myself. This is a big speaker, at 66" high, 12" wide, 17" deep and 240 lbs each, they have big presence physically and sonically. The midrange and upper detail is wonderful. They have 4 ribbons, Fst tweeter, (2) 10" drivers and a down firing 8" passive radiator. They are capable of filling a large room with clean sound given good, clean power, they are some of the best sounding ribbon speakers that I have heard. The finish is Macassan ebony. They will take plenty of power and have adjustable midrange and treble controls located at the rear of the speaker. I am looking for a serious buyer, this is a very nice sounding speaker and well reviewed, they don't make them like this anymore and for the price of what people pay for decent bookshelf speakers you are getting much for your money."

« Last Edit: 24 May 2014, 09:53 pm by Stimpy »

Brax

« Reply #84 on: 8 May 2014, 12:14 am »
Price drop.......$1200

Bump:  VMPS RM-2 speakers for sale Milwaukee/Chicago area   -  $1500.00

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125532.0

"I have a near flawless set of RM-2s for sale in the Milwaukee/Chicago area. They are a light oak in color. Asking $1,500 cash and carry. Delivery in a realistic distance from Kenosha is also possible. Speakers work and sound perfectly, just cleaning house on my audio gear and will no longer need these. I have 4 others sets of VMPS speakers and until you hear a set of these on good gear you won't believe how good they sound. The last price on these from the factory before they went out of business (the owner passed away) was $3,000 for a new set. If interested, I can send more pictures of each speaker.

Sorry, but I will not ship these speakers."

Stimpy

« Reply #85 on: 12 May 2014, 02:00 pm »
Price drop.......$1200

That's a lot of speaker for the price!  GLWTS...!!!    :thumb:

Stimpy

« Reply #86 on: 12 May 2014, 02:04 pm »
"5" VMPS 626 (The other 626) Audiophile Bookshelf Speakers (5.0 system with stands) - $450 (St. Louis)

"WOW"

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/4464532120.html

"Up for sale is a package of five VMPS 626 speakers. This is the original model and thus these speakers do not have the ribbon tweeter. You will get two pairs of VMPS 626 speakers plus one VMPS 626 center channel. I will also include the stands for each of these speakers.

All of the speakers work perfectly. The wood grain on the speakers are not perfect. Some of the grills are also fraying around the edges. One of the grills for one of the speakers is broken.

I do not have the boxes for any of these speakers, so this is a cash only, local pick-up sale."

Hemy

« Reply #87 on: 13 May 2014, 04:26 pm »
I would be all over this if it was in Michigan!
Anyone know of a pair of 626's for sale in Oak?

Shear Bliss

« Reply #88 on: 13 May 2014, 05:13 pm »
Hemy,

Where you at in Michigan ..... was that Oakland county ??? I'm in Redford on the Livonia border. I have a pair of 626 not being utilized I might part with. They sound very nice, thou not numbers matching in Oak finish. They come with cheap wood stands too.

Welcome to stop in for a listen and a cold one.

Doug
dmwest2011@hotmail.com

Brax

« Reply #89 on: 13 May 2014, 05:17 pm »
Hemy,

I would be concerned that that vintage 626 (in ST Louis) did not match the performance of the vintage you have. This version does not have a Neo Panel or a FST, let alone the latest version of 6-1/2" woofers.

If you were interested in that second set of RM2's I have I could make you a deal on them but that would be for them As-Is since I have not had a chance to make any improvements to them. I also have a LRC that will be for sale soon.

RM2 light oak Rated 9/10
LRC Cherry Rated 7/10
RM2 in dark oak 6/10

Hemy

« Reply #90 on: 13 May 2014, 05:37 pm »
Brax I would have just taken all 5 of those speakers I would have bought and used 4 of them for my surrounds and then use the 2 I already have for a dedicated stereo pair.

Hemy

« Reply #91 on: 13 May 2014, 05:38 pm »
Shear can you send me pics of them? I am in Lansing, while not far away not close either!  :|
Also do they have the Neo Panel or a FST and the mega 6-1/2" woofers?

Shear Bliss

« Reply #92 on: 13 May 2014, 06:24 pm »
Hemy

Mine are original 626 speakers, Philips tweeters ...................... thought that was what you were after. Oh well.

DW

Hemy

« Reply #93 on: 13 May 2014, 06:27 pm »
Yeah not quite, thanks for the pictures though!

Doug Ravizza

« Reply #94 on: 16 May 2014, 12:26 pm »
Not sure what model, I don't think the seller knows either.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4468665530.html

Hemy

« Reply #95 on: 16 May 2014, 01:45 pm »
That is an odd looking LRC Center channel.  :?

Hemy

Stimpy

« Reply #97 on: 16 May 2014, 09:51 pm »
Looks like someone picked up a pair of cabinets, and built their own...?  Definitely non-standard.  Not Brian's regular woofers or tweeters.  Plus, I wonder if they even use Brian's crossover? 

Oh yea, that's a pair of LRC speakers for sale.   As such, maybe not too bad at $650 a set.

Not sure what model, I don't think the seller knows either.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/4468665530.html

Stimpy

« Reply #98 on: 16 May 2014, 09:56 pm »
Exotic Speakers (Richmond Hts.) (St Louis, Missouri)

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/eld/4467770229.html

No Picture.

"I have five pairs of used and vintage exotic high end speakers available for sale. Local sale only. No shipping. Can audition by appointment only to serious inquirers. Will post pictures when time permits.

QUAD ESL 63 US Monitors. $1995.00 ($6000.00 new)

Infinity Kappa 9's. Two 12 in. Watkins woofers. $1995.00 ($3000.00 new)

Magnepan MG IIIA Ribbon Tweeters $795.00 ($2195.00) White grills.

VMPS RM 30's Hybrid with ribbon mids and highs. Piano Black 110 lbs. each. $1995.00 ($3500.00 new)

KEK iQ70 3 way Floor standing. Cherry finish with new gray grills. $650.00 ($1200.00 new)"

« Last Edit: 25 May 2014, 03:52 pm by Stimpy »

Stimpy

« Reply #99 on: 16 May 2014, 10:08 pm »
Two matching VMPS Tower2 Special Editions, plus one QSO626Special Edition for center channel.  $950  (Leesburg, VA)

http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649125913-full_range_tower_speakers_plus_matching_center_channel_vmps_tower2specedition/

Seems like the price on these keeps going up, each time that they get reposted somewhere.  But, at least, the deal now includes a matching center.

"These are one of two pair of amazing of audiophile speakers that I own. Designed by Brian Cheney.
Recommended to me by Anthony Cordesman of Audio Magazine. Downsizing and need to go with only one pair.
You will NOT need a subwoofer with these!!! The bass is full, tight and strong. Goes down to 20 Hz - really. Great for movies. -Includes the matching center channel (QSO626SpecialEdition) - well worth it. THESE CAN ALSO BE BIAMPED - as they have the subwoofer inputs for it.
Upgraded built in 12" Sub-bass unit: 1 mass loaded with slot-loaded port.
Two 12" Special Edition Carbon fiber woofers, specially treated for long lasting, and high quality usage.
One 5" woven carbon fiber Special Edition midrange
1 Focal 120 Hard-dome tweeter - replaced both tweeters with brand new units this year.
PS - I have one extra Focal tweeter.
1 High Efficiency Ribbon super tweeter.
92dB/W/meter at < .7% THD, 115dB SPL at 1 meter with < 5% THD.
45"x15"x16", 105 lbs, each. Minimum Phase design. Bring your movies or Audio to audition."