NFL 2022/23

twitch54

Re: NFL 2022/23
« Reply #60 on: 15 Nov 2022, 01:34 pm »
Ouch! Tough game for the Iggles last night. Commanders offense did a stellar job with time of possession and scoring on a very good defense. Iggles offense made it difficult with turnovers. Hats off to the Commanders for handing the Iggles their first loss of the season.

agreed, pretty tough to win when you turn it over 4 times !   :duh:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #61 on: 15 Nov 2022, 01:34 pm »
We're not watching football anymore, it should be two hand touch or flag football.  Graham falls to his knees and barely touches the QB and a flag is thrown, ridiculous!  And an obvious facemask is completely missed on Goddard, the place where you should throw the flag.  Now I'm not suggesting this, but the NFLs open embrace of gambling brings up the spectre of a fixed game, and some folks are posting to that effect this morning.  In the old days of the NFL people were fired from lucrative broadcasting jobs for even mentioning a point spread, now they pick the game on national TV based on the spread.  A bad move by the NFL, they should have never allowed gambling to enter the ropes.

The Eagles were set up for a loss.  Weak divisional opponent they didn't take seriously enough and the injury to Jordan Davis leaves them open to the running game and weakens the pass rush.  Just like the return of TJ Watt to the Steelers makes them an entirely different team when Davis gets back for the playoff push the Eagles will be ready.

twitch54

« Reply #62 on: 15 Nov 2022, 01:51 pm »
We're not watching football anymore, it should be two hand touch or flag football.  Graham falls to his knees and barely touches the QB and a flag is thrown, ridiculous!  And an obvious facemask is completely missed on Goddard, the place where you should throw the flag.  Now I'm not suggesting this, but the NFLs open embrace of gambling brings up the spectre of a fixed game, and some folks are posting to that effect this morning.  In the old days of the NFL people were fired from lucrative broadcasting jobs for even mentioning a point spread, now they pick the game on national TV based on the spread.  A bad move by the NFL, they should have never allowed gambling to enter the ropes.

The Eagles were set up for a loss.  Weak divisional opponent they didn't take seriously enough and the injury to Jordan Davis leaves them open to the running game and weakens the pass rush.  Just like the return of TJ Watt to the Steelers makes them an entirely different team when Davis gets back for the playoff push the Eagles will be ready.

all good points ......   :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #63 on: 15 Nov 2022, 04:02 pm »
Penalties? Didn’t want to go there but since it’s been brought up…
Last nights crew needs a little “talkin to” by the League’s front office! 
Maybe take them down to the minors for a bit?
IMO all penalties of the 15yd kind should be reviewed! A turnover is reviewed to make sure it’s clean. It was very obvious the face mask on Goddard contributed to the fumble, but wasn’t called so therefore not reviewable. NFL needs to do something about this since far too much is at steak! A foul benefiting the team that committed it? Just not right!!
Gardner-Johnson hits a guy clearly still inbounds and has a late hit personal foul called on him? Should be reviewable!!
Rant over bring on the Colts!

jjss49

« Reply #64 on: 15 Nov 2022, 04:43 pm »
eagles were bound to lose at some point, perfect record is unrealistic, hopefully it serves as a wake up call to be prepared and fully motivated every week - also shows how even the best teams are vulnerable to their performance being seriously affected by a single injury

on a separate note, credit to the colts and j saturday winning this past weekend - though the win may say more about the hapless raiders than the colts

and the bills, ....  ahhhh ...., the bills.... setting up for another january heartbreak already  :duh: :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #65 on: 15 Nov 2022, 06:30 pm »
17 game regular season. That's all the '72 Dolphins had to do to win the Super Bowl! They really should stop celebrating these losses. It's now in poor taste.
It's a freakin' long season. Teams are going to lose for a multitude of reasons. Big deal. The real games to get upset over are in the playoffs.

Mag

« Reply #66 on: 15 Nov 2022, 06:41 pm »
   Washington came to play!
 Eagles almost pulled it out of the fire accept for the costly fumble on the player's second effort. Can't blame a player for going for more yards. :smoke:

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #67 on: 15 Nov 2022, 10:17 pm »
They might play the Sunday Cleveland/Buffalo game in Detroit.
Depending on a lot of weather things, there might be feet of snow near the Buffalo stadium.

twitch54

« Reply #68 on: 17 Nov 2022, 08:12 pm »
They might play the Sunday Cleveland/Buffalo game in Detroit.
Depending on a lot of weather things, there might be feet of snow near the Buffalo stadium.

awaiting NFL decision , if moved could be a couple of other locations also. I would expect an answer later today or early Fri morning

twitch54

« Reply #69 on: 17 Nov 2022, 10:20 pm »
it's official, Bills game moved to Detroit. Western NY is basically shutting down, I remember when Western NY'ers were tough !!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #70 on: 17 Nov 2022, 11:47 pm »
Back in my day we played in snow up OVER our helmets with no long underwear allowed.
These guys, Powderpuff League, they might be good for cheerleaders at a tennis match.
Maybe.

twitch54

« Reply #71 on: 18 Nov 2022, 01:08 am »
Back in my day we played in snow up OVER our helmets with no long underwear allowed.
These guys, Powderpuff League, they might be good for cheerleaders at a tennis match.
Maybe.

LOL, being from Buffalo I know what you mean about 'back in our day', trouble is you and I were only 3 feet tall back then !!

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #72 on: 18 Nov 2022, 01:39 am »
it's official, Bills game moved to Detroit. Western NY is basically shutting down, I remember when Western NY'ers were tough !!
Didn't I say that the game was moving, two days ago?   

whell

« Reply #73 on: 18 Nov 2022, 05:30 pm »
Bills suck (coaching/play calling), it's official !

You guys have no idea what "suck" truly means until you've lived as a Detroit Lions fan for your entire adult life.  :oops:

twitch54

« Reply #74 on: 18 Nov 2022, 07:50 pm »
You guys have no idea what "suck" truly means until you've lived as a Detroit Lions fan for your entire adult life.  :oops:

well try losing 4 Super Bowls, in a row !!  Oh that's right, you haven't even been one .......  :(

whell

« Reply #75 on: 18 Nov 2022, 09:49 pm »
well try losing 4 Super Bowls, in a row !!  Oh that's right, you haven't even been one .......  :(

We last won anything before the NFL Championship was called a Superbowl.  It was 1957, and we all drove our Edsels to the game.   :wink:

twitch54

« Reply #76 on: 19 Nov 2022, 01:35 am »
We last won anything before the NFL Championship was called a Superbowl.  It was 1957, and we all drove our Edsels to the game.   :wink:

Now , now, before you 'ole NFL' fans get too far ahead of yourselves let us old 'AFL' guys remind you that before it was called the Super Bowl it was the 'AFL - NFL Championship game'   :thumb:

As for 1957 and you driving your Edsel, dude you're older than dirt !! I was only 4 years old !

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #77 on: 19 Nov 2022, 11:36 am »
Now , now, before you 'ole NFL' fans get too far ahead of yourselves let us old 'AFL' guys remind you that before it was called the Super Bowl it was the 'AFL - NFL Championship game'   :thumb:

As for 1957 and you driving your Edsel, dude you're older than dirt !! I was only 4 years old !

It's a little known scientific fact that the smartest and best looking people were all born in 1953.

I was born in San Diego county when the Chargers were an AFL team, and of course the Rams were NFL.  My dad railed against the AFL claiming "they're all a bunch of hand fighters, nobody blocks".  But us kids loved the Chargers and wanted Charger uniforms for Christmas.  Well, sure enough Christmas morning came and I received my brand new, complete with pads and helmet, Rams uniform.  I loved it anyway and wore it all day, my best friend David came over with his matching Rams uni.

twitch54

« Reply #78 on: 19 Nov 2022, 02:45 pm »
It's a little known scientific fact that the smartest and best looking people were all born in 1953.

I was born in San Diego county when the Chargers were an AFL team, and of course the Rams were NFL.  My dad railed against the AFL claiming "they're all a bunch of hand fighters, nobody blocks".  But us kids loved the Chargers and wanted Charger uniforms for Christmas.  Well, sure enough Christmas morning came and I received my brand new, complete with pads and helmet, Rams uniform.  I loved it anyway and wore it all day, my best friend David came over with his matching Rams uni.

and I was born in Buffalo and we thank the Chargers for letting us claim Jack Kemp off the waiver wire for a hundred bucks back in '62 ! Now you do realize your Chargers originated in LA and after all these years they're back ! For me anyways fond memories of '64 and '65 beating SD for the AFL title, Kemp to Bass and Dubenion , you had Hadl to 'Bambi' !   of course the other highlight for Bills fans was 'the hit heard round the world' that Mike Stratton put on Keith Lincoln .........

https://www.facebook.com/tphslegacyclub/videos/mike-strattons-hit-heard-round-the-world/1166825579998594/

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #79 on: 19 Nov 2022, 07:32 pm »
Well over 6 feet of snow at the Buffalo football stadium Saturday morning.  Meanwhile the Cleveland football stadium has not seen much more than 1/4 inch total accumulation this Fall. (it's the far Eastern Cleveland suburbs that have gotten all the Lake Effect snow)