Symphonic line Amps with Sonus Faber Speakers.

Murgen

Symphonic line Amps with Sonus Faber Speakers.
« on: 25 May 2010, 10:02 pm »
Hello,
i am From Norway and i am new in here.

I have one questen, i hope you kan help me with.

Have anyone of you in here ever hear the Symphonic line Amps in combination with Sonus faber Guarneri Homage ( ps. not memento)
and if so,- what was you impression ?

Best regards

Murgen

NagysAudio

• http://www.nagysaudio.com
Re: Symphonic line Amps with Sonus Faber Speakers.
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 10:56 pm »
Do you already own one, or the other? Or is this a system that you're looking to purchase? I have personally not heard the Symphonic Line amplifier, but I have heard all of the Sonus Faber speakers including the Guarneri Homage. At this price point, you should be looking at Swiss Goldmund equipment. There's really no comparison...

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2010, 11:00 pm »
You have not heard Symphonic Line but there is no comparison to Goldmund.
You have already made clear that you have no way of knowing this but you say it anyway. Why?

Murgen

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2010, 10:20 pm »
 I own set of Legacy audio Focus HD and the Guarneri Homage wits i now have try it with 3 different Amp`s:

Acyrus, Holfi and Gryphon Calisto 2200 .
On a scale from 0 to 13 i will give it: 9/8/10, but non off them was the mash i looking for:  :drool:

I have being a audiophile in almost 25 years  :duh:, looking for the perfect sound; What ever it is  :eyebrows: and i have had allot of system combination over the years;- some god, some not so god, and some very god.
But it never seems to end.  :scratch:

Now, i  just ordered the Symphonic line RG 10 reference MK4, after a long serieus speak wit Mr. Rolf Gemine, and i trust his recomendation  :thumb:, so i have take the chance, a bye it whit out hearing it  :duh:, together with the GH speakers.

And what is why i ask, if some of you, ever had heard the Symphonic line in combination with Sonus faber Guarneri Homage speakers.

Best regards

Murgen.

K Shep

« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2010, 02:45 pm »
I am  new in here, and maybe a lithel crazy

Murgen

Welcome to Audio Circle.  We're all a little crazy, some more that others, it sounds like you've figured that out already.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2010, 04:58 pm »
You meant funny GUY, right? 

Murgen

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2010, 08:29 pm »
You meant funny GUY, right?
Yes of couse, sorry, have change it now.  :oops:

Best regards

Murgen

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2010, 08:52 pm »
Murgen,
Welcome! I would suggest you consider the amp/speaker selection as a team unto themselves. Since you have already purchased the amplifier, make your speaker selection complimentary to your amplifier. If the Sonus speaker does not sound like perfection with your amp, well then simply move on. :wink:

You want to be able to hear speakers you are interested in with your particular amp. Take it with you when you audition speakers, if possible.

I have heard an Symphonic Lne amp with the big Chapman speakers and enjoyed the combination very much. I consider both products to be excellent.

pjchappy

« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2010, 09:30 pm »
Folks, no need to make negative comments to a Member's post just because you do not get along with said Member.  There is an "ignore" option for PMs and entire Circles.  I suggest you use it.  Stop with the annoying posts.

Inherent in the AC rules are that we are supposed to act like adults.  That goes for everyone.

Paul

K Shep

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2010, 10:05 pm »
Looks like the squeaky wheel gets the oil on this thread too. 

Posting absurd ideas and sarcastic replies aren't mutual exclusive.  Unfortunately I moving further away from this website...my loss.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2010, 10:18 pm »
Murgen, nice to hear from a chap from the land of fiords and long days.  Greetings.

Murgen

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2010, 10:47 pm »
Murgen,
Welcome! I would suggest you consider the amp/speaker selection as a team unto themselves. Since you have already purchased the amplifier, make your speaker selection complimentary to your amplifier. If the Sonus speaker does not sound like perfection with your amp, well then simply move on. :wink:

You want to be able to hear speakers you are interested in with your particular amp. Take it with you when you audition speakers, if possible.

I have heard an Symphonic Lne amp with the big Chapman speakers and enjoyed the combination very much. I consider both products to be excellent.
Thanks for you reply.

I now, that bot product are excellent on there own, but i have not hear when together."Weed are hand building the amp to me, down in Germany at the moment, as we speak.
Symphonic line has no dealers up here, but where reputation Europe is excellent, and it shut play very well, with  speakers from B&W and Harbert.

According to Rolf " The heard behind Symphonic line" will the Amp mash the GH at the highes posible level and he garanteid me what i cut not find a better amp for my GH.
I don`t think he wood risk his reputation on the marked, by just saying so.

But we see, and i will come back with my appending on the issue, then i have get the Amp, and it have had the time, to settle down.

Best regards

Murgen

« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2010, 10:59 pm »
Folks, no need to make negative comments to a Member's post just because you do not get along with said Member.  There is an "ignore" option for PMs and entire Circles.  I suggest you use it.  Stop with the annoying posts.

Inherent in the AC rules are that we are supposed to act like adults.  That goes for everyone.

Paul
You have absolut right, so i will remove my comment.

Best regards

pjchappy

« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2010, 01:04 am »
You have absolut right, so i will remove my comment.

Best regards

I was referring to posts I removed.  Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

Murgen

« Reply #14 on: 29 May 2010, 07:01 pm »
I was referring to posts I removed.  Sorry for the confusion.

Paul
ok, now harm don, but i still think that Guldmund is overpriced, compare to the electronic i have see inside where products.
And as always, the design is a matter of taste.

Best regards
Murgen
« Last Edit: 29 May 2010, 08:50 pm by Murgen »