VR4SR MKII Anniversary, with MKIII midrange upgrade.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Happy owner of VR4SR MKII Anniversary. (Is my room to small?)
« Reply #60 on: 18 Nov 2009, 12:45 am »
How about LAMM monoblocks?

I have not found any used ones, but I have found the mentioned amps used, and that is why I am considering the fours systems. 

Lamm, I am sure have very good products, but I have no experence with them.

How does your MC 501 do??

A.

My MC501s are wonderful with just about any VSA speaker.  They have driven both my VR5 anniversaries and the VR4 SR MKII/IIIs right here in my listening room and the synergy is remarkable.  I know of several VSA owners and dealers who say MAC electronics and VSA speakers were meant for each other.  Not sure how McIntosh does it but their solid state amps/preamps have sonic signatures much like tubed equipment (great midrange bloom and musical) but have the inherent advantage of transistors...tightly controlled, deep bass, etc....yet totally non fatiguing.  There are always used 501s on A'gon for around $6K and that my friend is the bargain of the century.  Needless to say, I like my amps.  How's that for a totally unbiased opinion? :lol:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1263071328&/McIntosh-MC501

McTwins

Re: Owner of VR4SR MKII Anniversary. Looking for amplifiers, help.
« Reply #61 on: 18 Nov 2009, 01:17 pm »
Hi
Here is another one who is using McIntosh with great result driving Vspeakers. McIntosh has great build quality and longevity and also great performance. Clipping protection is what I like best, just turn up the volume and you don't have to worry about clipping the speakers. :thumb:.
The MCD500 I have now, what A CD-player :drool:

Go with McIntosh and you never will regret it.
Thanks

Ambiance

« Reply #62 on: 28 Nov 2009, 12:10 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

I ended up going with MBL 9007 Monos. From what I read in reviews they will fitt my ear best from the four alternativs.
Fast, dynamik, control, and to top it off with very good 3D image.

I guess no one else have tryed this combo?

A.

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #63 on: 28 Nov 2009, 11:29 pm »
Those are some serious amps.  I'm sure they will not disappoint.

WGH

« Reply #64 on: 29 Nov 2009, 12:15 am »
Those amps were making were making serious music at the last RMAF.  :thumb:

Ambiance

« Reply #65 on: 30 Nov 2009, 01:09 am »
Those amps were making were making serious music at the last RMAF.  :thumb:

Did they perform as good as they look?

I will not have mine before another week or so. And I`l put down a few words then.

A.

WGH

« Reply #66 on: 30 Nov 2009, 02:03 am »
Did they perform as good as they look?

Oh yea! And the speakers were not too shabby either.

Ambiance

I was recomended to buy a set of higher quality power cabels for the amps. The seller claims the originals are a bottle neck and might restrict for the power consumption. I ordered a set of Schuko silver power cords.

martin_eg

Really nice cables Ambiance :D. And after the shift, what is your judgement of the seller, was there a bottle neck? /Martin

Ambiance

Really nice cables Ambiance :D. And after the shift, what is your judgement of the seller, was there a bottle neck? /Martin

I will let you  know when I have recived it all. The amps will arrive in aprox 10 days, and the wires should be here within a week.

A.

Ambiance

While I am waiting for new amps and harnes, I also ordered two new subwoofers. They wil not play while listening to music, but they will supply the VR4SR with deep basse while watching movies. To save floorspace I ordered two SVS PC12-Pluss tubes, one for each corner behind the main speakers. The Klipsch RT woofers I sold.
Looking forward to geting this system tuned up.

Ambiance

Replaced the Ayon CD1 with Classe CDP 102. The Classe has a broader bandwith and better all over. I will recive mine at the end of this week aprox same time as the MBL are arriving  :D

Ambiance

Finaly some good news. The new midrange speakers to my VR4SR came for xmas. Now it is only instalation and brakein left to do. Now my speakers are as they where supose to be.  :D

Marry christmas!

A.

es347

• Facilitator
Great news ambiance...we will be expecting a full report.

Ambiance

A tiny report conserning midrange mkIII. Just for info, the previus left speakerelement had a offset membran and that surley made the replacement mandatory.

First of the focus on vokals got much better, and it seems to be more open as well. I do not know how long I need to brake in speaker, but i do not hear a bigg difference in hours playd. It also seems bit more in the room then the MKII elements. All in all I have fallen in love with te total package with new cd-player and the new MBL 9007 matched with VR4SR. Lots of dynamik, and liquidity.  :D

jimdgoulding

OMG, your room looks like a TON of FUN!  Whew!  Quentin Tarantino would probably take instruction.

JackD201

I agree. It looks like a set of a mega budget Sci-Fi flick. Are you sure you aren't George Lucas or James Cameron?

Ambiance

Thank you guys!

I like the minimalistic look, maybe that makes it a bit sci-fi? But I hope I am not the only one who likes that?

A.

Ambiance

Re: VR4SR MKII Anniversary, with MKIII midrange upgrade.
« Reply #78 on: 8 Apr 2010, 07:39 pm »
Have anyone heard if the LCR4 is out on sale, and what price it wil be at?

A.

stong

A tiny report conserning midrange mkIII. Just for info, the previus left speakerelement had a offset membran and that surley made the replacement mandatory.

First of the focus on vokals got much better, and it seems to be more open as well. I do not know how long I need to brake in speaker, but i do not hear a bigg difference in hours playd. It also seems bit more in the room then the MKII elements. All in all I have fallen in love with te total package with new cd-player and the new MBL 9007 matched with VR4SR. Lots of dynamik, and liquidity.  :D

Hi,

Very nice and neat sound room you have there. Your choice of perforated ceiling is a beauty. Is that the Black VR4 SR3?

Gavin MAC and VR-5 setup also impressed most of us and with those added guitars alongside it, is an inspiration. BTW, what kind of music you play with the guitar Gavin ?

I guess it is every-one's dreamt !!