Rave Review! Stereo Times tests UniField Model Two Mk2

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

I am greatly pleased to announce that Clement Perry, Publisher of Stereo Times, has just posted a "rave" review of our UniField Model Two Mk2 bookshelf speaker system.  The Absolute Sound had this model in a "roundup" of four speaker systems on their front cover last year and indicated that the Uni 2 was the front runner of the pack, but the actual review was somewhat lacking in the description of how the speaker handles music.  The Stereo Times review is fascinating as it describes how the speaker translates music, and the review also compares our bookshelf to larger floor standing tower speaker systems.

Read the Stereo Times review here: http://www.stereotimes.com/post/von-schweikert-audio--unifield-model-two-mkii-loudspeaker/   and please comment.  A few hundred of you own this system, so you'll enjoy discovering that we won Stereo Times Publishers Choice "Most Wanted Component" for 2014.   Mr. Perry purchased the system as a new reference monitor for his sound room!

Musically yours,

Albert Von Schweikert

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: Rave Review! Stereo Times tests UniField Model Two Mk2
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2014, 08:12 pm »
Thanks for sharing Albert,

Nice review!

All the best from Holland,

Cor

gammajo

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2014, 03:47 am »
Great review of a great speaker - Congratulation Team Albert - another home run!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2014, 02:09 pm »
I've lived with the Uni 2's for a couple of years now!  Still unbelieving of the transparency and dynamics of this bullet-proof built, stand mounted speaker.  The deep low-end response from this relatively small but very heavy speaker is startling.  Genius, Albert!   Cheers

Jack

bb64

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2014, 09:51 am »
I have the UnifIeld 2 mk2 since several months.  I totally agree with Clement Perry: the monitors are very good. I am really impressed by the bass qualities in a very large room.

Hope to be able to bi-wire soon when Von Schweikert Audio will modify my MasterBuilt single-wire into bi-wire ones...

Wolfpack85

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2014, 06:15 am »
I have the UnifIeld 2 mk2 since several months.  I totally agree with Clement Perry: the monitors are very good. I am really impressed by the bass qualities in a very large room.

Hope to be able to bi-wire soon when Von Schweikert Audio will modify my MasterBuilt single-wire into bi-wire ones...

I'm very interested in these speakers. Do you have any pics with these in your room?

bb64

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2014, 01:09 pm »

I'm very interested in these speakers. Do you have any pics with these in your room?

I have already  opened a topic that describes the setup (see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=123801.msg1304617#msg1304617).

I have arranged the speakers like the drawing and the following picture

A closeup:

I agree the comments of JackD201 and jbr.  The sound at the sweep spot is wonderfull. I am really impressed by the bass generated by them. Listening as a test "The art of the fugue" of Bach by Gould CBS 60291 , I can physically feel the bass  at the sweep spot.

The sound does not "disappear" in the room; It is very pleasant to listen at the other side of the room. It is different, the sound stage disappear by the all spectrum is present. The geometry of this room may explain it. 

hope to have help you.

Wolfpack85

« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2015, 01:36 am »
I have an opportunity to buy a pair of 2 plus year old Vapor Audio Cirrus that have major build and performance issues really cheap but these look so promising and I may not want to deal with those issues. Guys that are running around claiming Vapor has great build quality haven't seen the pics I have. They look like someone practicing on fit and finish while cashing in. The guy really likes the laid back romantic sound of the RAAL but he started having crossover issues and knew I was looking into Vapor speakers at one time.

Thanks for posting the pics of your room and the speakers look great! Plenty of room around those speakers and I bet they sound awesome.