Connecting 2 amps & 2 speakers

Viscouse

Connecting 2 amps & 2 speakers
« on: 11 Nov 2022, 10:24 pm »
Um. Not sure if this is in the correct Circle, but I can't find a better one.

I have 2 Kenwood KM-X1000 power amps. Manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/286669/Kenwood-Km-X1000.html?page=5#manual
I have 2 VMPS Tower 11/R (I think). I know that there were 4 wires going to each speakers.
I rather hastily removed them and don't remember how they were connected, and can't seem to figure it out. Is there just something simple I'm missing?
1. Does 1 amp power 1 speaker?
2. Do both amps power both speakers?
3. I'm not sure what this means but I think it's significant...both amps are set to BTL.
4. Does the input get split to both amps?
5. What are the switch & rheostat on the speakers for? (I will ask in the VMPS forum)

duck851

Re: Connecting 2 amps & 2 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2022, 04:22 pm »
It appears that the amps were set up as monoblocks and bi-wired to the speakers.
Connect the left output of the preamp to the white input of one amp and the right output of the preamp to the white input of the other amp. Connect two speaker wires to the BTL + binding post and at the other end one wire to each of the speaker’s red binding posts.  Likewise connect two cables to the BTL - post and one each to black posts on the speakers.

Viscouse

Re: Connecting 2 amps & 2 speakers
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2022, 05:23 pm »
Thanks duck851! That makes sense. One amp will power one speaker, both the woofer/mids, and the tweeters.