First Candela Shipping.../More Pics

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« on: 24 Apr 2006, 07:53 pm »
:drums:

Well…things are starting to come through. The first Candela is shipping tomorrow to one lucky Dude!  :dance:

This as a result of two transformers we had on hand :P  

We are still waiting for the first batch of transformers from the manufacturer as Klaus indicated before. I don’t want to set dates as past experience has prove me wrong…hopefully soon!

In either case, we have plenty of parts to start full production assembly of the Candela once we have the transformers on hand!

I have posted a few more pictures as requested (actual pictures of the Candela shipping tomorrow). :thumb:  

Thank you,

Alex

Randy

« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2006, 08:51 pm »
Yikes!  It looks great.  I hope it sounds just as great.

BobC

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2006, 09:02 pm »
I see 3 inputs labeled on the knob (CD, Aux and HT) but I count 4 on the back (CD, Aux1, Aux2 and HT).

Maybe I'm blind, but am I missing something?  
 :?:

Really interested in the pre but number of inputs is pretty important to me.

Thanks!

rosconey

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:08 pm »
ill let you guys know when i do :lol:  
with any luck it will arrive friday

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:23 pm »
In reality pictures don’t do justice…it looks even better alive!  :P

I see 3 inputs labeled on the knob (CD, Aux and HT) but I count 4 on the back (CD, Aux1, Aux2 and HT).

There are actually four inputs…the fourth one unmarked (Etesian based chassis at this point) in the front plate. The power switch is in the back. This particular unit also has a second output (option) as requested by the owner. :D

Alex

BobC

« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2006, 02:15 am »
Etesian based chassis at this point

Does this mean that you'll offer a chassis in the near future with the correct front labels?  Perhaps a Tempest chassis.  Maybe even with a front power switch?  If so, how soon?  Thanks  :D

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2006, 03:28 am »
Does this mean that you'll offer a chassis in the near future with the correct front labels? Perhaps a Tempest chassis. Maybe even with a front power switch? If so, how soon?

Well…it would be great to have everything at once or very soon…

Stay tuned… :shh:

Thanks,

Alex

lazydays

« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2006, 05:08 pm »
Quote from: AlexG
In reality pictures don’t do justice…it looks even better alive!  :P

There are actually four inputs…the fourth one unmarked (Etesian based chassis at this point) in the front plate. The power switch is in the back. This particular unit also has a second output (option) as requested by the owner. :D

Alex

now this might create a problem for me, as I use two digital sources, one tape deck, one phono input, and a tuner. I might add that somewhere I'll want to add a reel to reel in the future as I have quite a few tapes in my library.
gary

tigzstudio

• Norah Jones Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2006, 06:12 pm »
I agree front power switch would be very nice, or at least on the side.  (if on front, the current power switch wouldnt look right.) But for most people it would be easier to access on front left or front right side of unit.  (not everyone has open racks and can get behind).

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2006, 09:39 pm »
Nice pictures Alex keep the good work.

djbnh

« Reply #10 on: 26 Apr 2006, 10:10 pm »
Quote from: AlexG
The power switch is in the back...
Alex

I'm a little confused about the placement of the switch. Is it designed to be on the back of all units, or was it placed on the back of this unit re: purchaser's request?

I could see perhaps where placement of the Candela's switch on the back of the unit might not be optimal or feasible in a number of configurations. Having said that, I like having the switches for my Ex. Monos on the back of the respective amps. however, it also works for how I use/place my gear, and how I agree with other Ex. Mono owners/Klaus that the units profit from being on all the time.

rosconey

« Reply #11 on: 26 Apr 2006, 11:53 pm »
switch is in the back-LIVE WITH IT DAMMIT :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

give klaus some time  and he will more than likely figure out another spot  or a different case :mrgreen:

im getting the first -think im worried about the switch location 8)