« Reply #2040 on: 14 May 2013, 03:23 pm »
Hey!

Nathan, the pic looks heavenly :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

SET Man

Re: Picture Of The Day
« Reply #2041 on: 14 May 2013, 03:26 pm »
Two young ones, once the leaves pop you will never know that they are there.

Hey!

Nice shot of those two chicks :D

Take care,

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2042 on: 14 May 2013, 03:53 pm »
Welcome back, Nathan!  Long time, no see!   :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2043 on: 14 May 2013, 03:55 pm »
Good to see you posting again Nathan, glad to have you back.
Great shot, by the way.

Guy 13

« Reply #2044 on: 15 May 2013, 08:02 am »
Guy 13.......I live in s Ont. just west of Toronto,and no i've never been to Vietnam.I'm Canadian(born in TO. many years ago). It seems as if the government is all about red tape. You must also qualify for a pension of some kind here. Even if the weather is not the best i can't think of anywhere else i'd rather live. Anyway good luck hope you get back here sooner rather than later and your wife too.                             

Scott

Hi won ton on and all Audio Circle members.
May I know what's the meaning of your name?
I already receive both federal and provincial pension,
however, I won't become rich with 1,100 Cnd $ each month.
My wife want me to return only next year to Canada,
so that I can arrive in Montreal when it's summer,
the temperature shock will be negligible...
Guy 13 

JohnR

« Reply #2045 on: 15 May 2013, 09:56 am »
Hi Nathan, what are you shooting with?

won ton on

« Reply #2046 on: 15 May 2013, 10:36 am »
Guy 13......It;s the name of a Frank Zappa song also known as' no not now'. So how did you come up with Guy 13.

Guy 13

« Reply #2047 on: 15 May 2013, 11:23 am »
Guy 13......It;s the name of a Frank Zappa song also known as' no not now'. So how did you come up with Guy 13.
Hi won ton on and all Audio Circle members.
Lucky me, I was born on a Friday 13 in 1948.
I think it's a good reason for my choice.
I'm the oldest of a family of 11 + mother and father that's again: 13.

Guy 13

bside123

« Reply #2048 on: 15 May 2013, 04:13 pm »
Well... Day #3, and it appears as if the Blue Bunting Couple has moved in. They seem to have a wicked fascination with the cars that sit outside our farm house. The lovely couple spends literally hours a day hopping and perching back and forth. Understand that these cars are also moved daily and are also gone for several hour stretches at a time. Yet.. the birds keep coming back. "Wicked" you wonder? There's now Blue Bunting Kaka covering our BMW & Benz! The cars were only washed yesterday. Oh well... chop wood, carry water, clean up bird poop. :o

mikeeastman

« Reply #2049 on: 17 May 2013, 02:02 am »

nathanm

« Reply #2050 on: 20 May 2013, 05:45 pm »
Thanks guys!  I've been away, but I check on AC every now and then.  That last shot was with my Fuji S9100.  I've made an effort to leave my digital camera in my car in case something interesting happens.  The cloud cover was really picturesque that day.  My mother said it reminded her of the opening shot in The Simpsons.

I like the bird\car action shots.  Very unusual combination!

SET Man

« Reply #2051 on: 29 May 2013, 04:48 am »
Well... Day #3, and it appears as if the Blue Bunting Couple has moved in. They seem to have a wicked fascination with the cars that sit outside our farm house. The lovely couple spends literally hours a day hopping and perching back and forth. Understand that these cars are also moved daily and are also gone for several hour stretches at a time. Yet.. the birds keep coming back. "Wicked" you wonder? There's now Blue Bunting Kaka covering our BMW & Benz! The cars were only washed yesterday. Oh well... chop wood, carry water, clean up bird poop. :o

Hey!

Man! They sure love those cars. :lol: They are pretty though... but their poop is going to kill the paint on those cars if left on too long.

Take care,

bside123

« Reply #2052 on: 29 May 2013, 03:46 pm »

Well Bird Lovers... Day 16. Yes, the Blue Buntings are still here. I've moved the cars around, left them in town for days at a time, and when I'm home, I frequently go out to scare them off, yet they will not be dissuaded. I've also taken to washing off our cars with a hose every couple of days, AND I've been covering the cars with a tarp.

Last night we got back to the farm late, and I forgot to put on the tarp cover. This was our early morning greeting today!  Yuck  :banghead:

nathanm

« Reply #2053 on: 29 May 2013, 04:25 pm »
Uh-oh, looks like you've gotten on the wrong side of the bird mafia.  Did you miss some seed payments?  It starts out small, with these little buntings sending you a message, but next thing you know an albatross is dropping a deuce in your open sunroof.  Better be careful!

bside123

« Reply #2054 on: 29 May 2013, 04:37 pm »

I did see one of these... lurking around the tall trees of our property. And, I'm telling ya, if this thing comes even close to my car, I gonna be taking much stronger action.  :guns: :uzi: :flame:

PeteG

« Reply #2055 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:05 pm »
Trying out my new 24mm Tilt-Shift.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2056 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:28 pm »
Trying out my new 24mm Tilt-Shift.

Dude.......
That first one is great.
I've got dozens of pics of those red rocks. Yours has captured the scale better than any of mine. Nice shot.

PeteG

« Reply #2057 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:31 pm »
Thanks Bob, I just need to get out more and use it.

Don_S

« Reply #2058 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:35 pm »
PeteG. Great pics.  You captured and conveyed the massive size.  What is a Tilt-Shift?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #2059 on: 2 Jun 2013, 11:40 pm »
  What is a Tilt-Shift?
Nothing but awesome.
When you've got some time, do a Google search for YouTube videos of "tilt shift time lapse".  8)