Salk Sound - New sepaker pics

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2005, 11:55 pm »
Quote from: jsalk
Here are some HT3's in white oak that have been dyed black:

The client requested them without solid wood front baffles.

- Jim

Very nice.  I actually prefer the look without the baffles.  I'd bet a similar pair in Rosewood would be beautiful.

jermmd

« Reply #21 on: 11 Jul 2005, 12:21 am »
Quote from: zybar
Here's my short review:

I liked the speakers so much, I bought them!

My wife likes them so much, that once I sell a bunch of my extra gear I am buying a second pair of HT3's!!

Ok Wolfy, I will write something up in the next week.

I also need to write reviews for the following gear:

TacT RCS 2.2x
McCormack DNA-500

George

My review of George's system:
After hearing his HT3's, I sold my speakers and amps and bought the DNA 500 and HT3's for myself. Now I have to save up for the Tact. Why be different? I've heard the sound I'm looking for. :D

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #22 on: 11 Jul 2005, 12:35 am »
Quote from: jermmd

My review of George's system:
After hearing his HT3's, I sold my speakers and amps and bought the DNA 500 and HT3's for myself. Now I have to save up for the Tact. Why be different? I've heard the sound I'm looking for. :D

Thanks Joe.

I only hope you enjoy your system as much as I do mine!   :beer:

George

aggielaw

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jul 2005, 02:45 am »
Wow!  I never thought I'd see a pair of wood speakers that were better-looking than nOrh's marbles, but Jim, you've done it.  Those are the sexiest speakers I've ever seen!

I see a pair of HT3's sitting in my living room soon after my income tax refund arrives next year. :)

I really like the red/black finish on the center and surrounds going to Korea; is that the Mexican cocobala?  

Great job, Jim - congratulations!!!

Howard

jsalk

« Reply #24 on: 11 Jul 2005, 03:12 am »
Howard -

Yes that is Mexican cocobolo.  It is a form of rosewood with very dramatic coloration that varies from red to orange and from dark purple to black.  It is very dense and finishes nicely.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 11 Jul 2005, 03:17 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Very nice.  I actually prefer the look without the baffles.  I'd bet a similar pair in Rosewood would be beautiful.

I am actually looking for some Brazilian rosewood right now.  It is getting harder and harder to find these days.  But I was recently contacted by a gentleman in Australia who just ordered a complete home theater with Veracity speakers all around - HT3's. HTC, HT1's and a large sub - all in Brazilian rosewood without baffles.  It appears you are not the only one who feels that way.

- Jim

kschac

« Reply #26 on: 13 Jul 2005, 02:09 pm »
See page 4 of the following thread for another example of Jim Salk's handiwork - my new HT-3's:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=18189.msg178812#178812