The X-Voce center channel.

mrogers22

Re: The X-Voce center channel.
« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2019, 11:03 pm »
Rich, 
I grew up in Titusville, went to high school and college in Kentucky (UK),  moved to Melbourne after graduation and have worked at Harris since 1982.  Have been aware of AV123 and GR-Research for several years.  Bought an X-LS Encore center channel kit a year or two ago and haven't gotten around to building it yet.  I retired 7 years ago, but went back to work part time for the past two years.  Will retire again in a few weeks.

Love audio, but since I spent most my life in FL, I'm outside too much to get too much into it.  I'm starting to lean towards convenience.  Trying to automate much of it with Amazon Echo.  Not being real successful, yet.

Forgot my password for the past year or so.  When I saw the X-Voce thread again, I figured I need to re-investigate the option.  Sounds like it will be a bit more expensive converting them to X-Statiks, but I could get some immediate use out of them.  Would like to see the fit and finish of them up close.  Taking on the X-Stat kits for my first set of speakers is ambitious, but very doable.

Decisions.  Mark

mrogers22

« Reply #21 on: 14 Mar 2019, 11:09 pm »
Danny,

Thanks much.  Sounds like the LCR configuration isn't the best fit.  I really like the X-Statiks and probably should head in that direct.  I still have my X-LS Encore center to build.  Hate to pass up on the X-Voce completed center, but its a tight fit (but that's what a saw and a hammer are for).

I'll think it over and thanks again.  Mark

flavo

« Reply #22 on: 14 Mar 2019, 11:10 pm »
Mine showed up today and I have to say this thing is much nicer looking then I expected it to be. Even seeing all the photos. This has some serious presence for the cost.
What do you suggest for protection on the bottom? Will I be doing it a disservice by just throwing some rubber dots in each corner?

dlynch34

« Reply #23 on: 6 Aug 2019, 02:39 am »
are there any x-voce left to buy?

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 6 Aug 2019, 04:22 am »
are there any x-voce left to buy?

Yes, I still have fully assembled units in Moho Natural and Moho Rosa finishes.

Kits are also available. http://gr-research.com/x-voce.aspx

dlynch34

« Reply #25 on: 6 Aug 2019, 02:44 pm »
awesome does the kit come with drawings for the cabinet install?  I would need to find someone to help me with cabinet making most likely... Where would I send money for one of the already built ones?  Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #26 on: 6 Aug 2019, 03:35 pm »
awesome does the kit come with drawings for the cabinet install?  I would need to find someone to help me with cabinet making most likely... Where would I send money for one of the already built ones?  Thanks

Yes, the kit comes with cabinet drawings.

The completed ones have been marked down to $250. That is a steal of a deal.

You can just call GR Research anytime and order one.   940-592-3400

RonP

« Reply #27 on: 6 Aug 2019, 05:47 pm »
The completed ones have been marked down to $250. That is a steal of a deal.

How many do you have left at this price?

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 6 Aug 2019, 05:58 pm »
How many do you have left at this price?

There are 10 of them left.

Kazoom

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jan 2020, 03:55 am »
Would the Voce-X be a well matched center channel with NX-Tremes flanking on the Left and Right channels? 

Or is there a need for some crossover adjustments?

Just thinking ahead here as I formulate a plan for a home cinema build in the next year.

Thanks

infinite1der

« Reply #30 on: 7 Feb 2020, 07:33 pm »
Just starting on my x-voce kit. I'm using this as a challenge to see how well I can handle the DIY kits. The x-voce will replace my x-cs-encore that ...just doesn't have the soundstage to match my x-statiks. I finished with the crossover upgrades today (soldering is no-biggie for me). I've drawn out the cuts I need for the MDF, which I plan to start this weekend. Assuming it all goes well, the OB dual sub kit is next on the list!

--JamesT

bfs21

« Reply #31 on: 8 Feb 2020, 09:23 pm »
Kazoom, if I'm not mistaken the NX-Tremes grew out of Danny's design for the NX-Otica, which itself had a first incarnation as the X-Otica.

This model emerged when Neo3 tweeters were in short supply, so Danny used the silk dome tweeter popular in the X-series models. The result, in theory, should be a very high-performing left-right speaker that also blends with the X-Voce center.

There has been some talk about getting flatpacks made for those of us who'd like the original X-Otica. Currently we don't have enough people to do a run, but a few more takers might get us there.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=166021.0