VR-1 with DECWARE gear

rivieraranch

VR-1 with DECWARE gear
« on: 19 Mar 2009, 12:48 am »
I have owned a beautiful black pair of Von Schweikert VR-1's with the matching stands for about 2 years now. Since I first got them I have changed gear, going from a Jolida 302B 50 WPC tube amp to a 6 watt DECWARE TABOO amp. I am using a DECWARE CSP2 preamp, which drives the TABOO even harder, giving it more weight and authority.  The speakers seem to keep up with this new combo even though they are not technically high efficiency units. Does anybody else use tube gear with the Von Schweikerts? 

Delacroix

Re: VR-1 with DECWARE gear
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2009, 01:25 am »
I spent a couple of very happy months with a 22w Audio Space integrated (the Ref 3.1) powering my Von S VR5SE's with great success. But maybe you are asking specifically about tubes with the VR-1?

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:53 pm »
I've used VR-1s with as little as 3 watts via a Sun 2a3 integrated as well as 300B monoblocks. :) I should have kept a pair of VR-1s for myself. Darn it!

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2009, 10:59 pm »
Hi Jack,

I can send you one if you like.
Here in Holland someone is selling his VR 1 in maple.

Just let me know.

Regards,

Cor

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2009, 11:01 pm »
No problem Cor, I put tracking devices on all the VR-1s we sold. :lol: :lol: :lol:  Thanks for the ofer though, I'm hoping someone will want to trade up eventually and if someone does, I'm keeping it, with Keith's permission of course!  :green:

Was the Day Glo orange VR-1 one off one of your units? I remember seeing pictures of it. That was really trippy!

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2009, 08:05 am »

Hi Jack,

A few years ago we have painted a set of VR 1 in High Gloss Orange specially
for the EXPERTS Shops. We used the VR 1 as a promotional system assisting a HD LCD screen showing the Dutch WC football matches.
Using the VSA together wit the LCD screen is very exciting due to the boost of reality feeling you are in the stadium too.

We made a tour in different shops called 'The Virtual Reality Tour by Experts' .

Unfortunately the VR 1 was discontinued soon after the tour.

Regards,

Cor

JoeyGS

« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2009, 10:45 am »
Hi Jack,

Did not know that you regret disposing off your VR-1.  Sorry that I had something to do with in :roll:.  Anyway, Nolan is very happy with your VR1.

And by the way, one of our colleagues at Wiredstate, Allan (accasstil), is looking for a VR-1.  Maybe we can help him out after you are able first secure one for yourself :D :D :D

Mr. VS should have not discontinued the VR1.  A lot of people are looking for one.  And I am one happy camper here with the VR1 and also with you VRS1. :D :D :D

Kind regards,
JoeyGS

No problem Cor, I put tracking devices on all the VR-1s we sold. :lol: :lol: :lol:  Thanks for the ofer though, I'm hoping someone will want to trade up eventually and if someone does, I'm keeping it, with Keith's permission of course!  :green:

Was the Day Glo orange VR-1 one off one of your units? I remember seeing pictures of it. That was really trippy!

accastil

« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2009, 03:18 pm »
thanks Joey.
hi Jack, it could  be too late for me now but joey is right, im now in the hunt for a good pair of VR1s. if there is anybody that u know of disposing any, id be glad to hear from you. thanks in advance :)

rivieraranch

« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2009, 02:19 am »

Hi Jack,

A few years ago we have painted a set of VR 1 in High Gloss Orange specially
for the EXPERTS Shops. We used the VR 1 as a promotional system assisting a HD LCD screen showing the Dutch WC football matches.
Using the VSA together wit the LCD screen is very exciting due to the boost of reality feeling you are in the stadium too.

We made a tour in different shops called 'The Virtual Reality Tour by Experts' .

Unfortunately the VR 1 was discontinued soon after the tour.

Regards,

Cor

This reminds me of a tangerine colored DECWARE MLB that Steve Deckert made special. It had a white transformer cover. He had it advertised on the classifieds section of his website for months and somebody bought it. 

JackD201

« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2009, 02:46 pm »
ORANGE and HOLLAND! How could I have missed that!!!!  :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Accastil, I'll keep my eyes open. Warning though the last one traded for P55,000. You actually might get a better deal abroad.

RobWilJr

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2009, 09:47 am »
I have owned a beautiful black pair of Von Schweikert VR-1's with the matching stands for about 2 years now. Since I first got them I have changed gear, going from a Jolida 302B 50 WPC tube amp to a 6 watt DECWARE TABOO amp. I am using a DECWARE CSP2 preamp, which drives the TABOO even harder, giving it more weight and authority.  The speakers seem to keep up with this new combo even though they are not technically high efficiency units. Does anybody else use tube gear with the Von Schweikerts? 
I've used my VR-1's with a Ming Da MC88-C, 50WPC KT-88 tube based integrated for the past year. Source is the Music Hall CD25.2. This combination has been absolutely perfect. Unfortunately the tube amp is dying. I am in the process of trying a couple solid-state options, but I have a feeling I'll settle on tubes again. Your Jolida 302B should have been killer with the VR-1's.