VR-4 jr no longer shown on Von Schweikert website!?

Danberg

VR-4 jr no longer shown on Von Schweikert website!?
« on: 31 Dec 2008, 07:05 pm »
Went on the Von Schweikert website a few days ago. 

Is the VR-4jr no longer available?   :scratch: 
Replaced by something else?  Any info from anyone?

P.S. not to impressed with the format of the website.  Not easy to move around in to see different products easily.  Impressive visually, but not so easy to find info quickly.

SundayNiagara

Re: VR-4 jr no longer shown on Von Schweikert website!?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2008, 10:25 pm »
Upgrade to Anniversary model coming soon!

JackD201

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2009, 06:45 pm »
I've heard the Jr Anniversaries at CES 2008 and the are scary good. Projected shipping has been delayed but we the dealers have been told that hopefully we can begin to receive shipments come February of this year. The projected price will be more than the Mk.2 owing primarily to the cost of having the cabinetry done in the US instead of in China and secondarily because the drivers will be sourced from Scanspeak, AAD and SEAS along with more exotic crossover components from the likes of Solen, Hovland and Mundorf. Overall however I feel that the new juniors outperform the Mk.1 and Mk.2 to such a degree that the VR-4 SR Mk.2 might be facing some threatening competition from their little brothers particularly in the area of clarity and purity. For one that has a smallish listening environment but can't afford the Unifield 3s it is definitely an option and should be on the list of speakers to audition. We have 2 pairs of the standard model and 2 pairs of the Anniversary Signature models on waitlist as we speak. The Signature version in particular is worthy of note. At one point I mentioned that the VR-4Jr AS was misnamed. It sounds more like a Jr 5 than a Jr 4.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2009, 09:49 pm »
Hi Jack,

You are very wright about the 'jr Annie's'.

Do you know that the jr stands for 'just wright' ?
In any case or 5 or 4 they are superior to the MK I and MK II.

We will have them in Europe too in the end of February.

Wait and hear.

www.musicalreality.nl

NB_Dude

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2009, 04:03 pm »
Does anyone know if there will be a program available to upgrade the original version of the 4 jr's to the anniversary model ?

Regards,

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2009, 08:18 pm »
Hi Dude,

The new version will be a bit different and I think any upgrade will cost you more. :thumbdown:
The best to do is order for a new pair and trade in your original pair.
You will be happy with the new version.
It will only take a few month from now.

Regards,

Cor :wink:

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2009, 04:23 pm »
I am very excited about the VR4 Ann. I heard them at RMAF2007 and they were awesome! Very transparent and open on the top end and warm and natural in the mids. Bass was also great for a small speaker. I found the original VR4JR to be an easy speaker to get to sound great in a crappy room(square) which I am sure will be the same with 4 Ann.

Come on Albert, lets get these rollin  aa

JackD201

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2009, 01:26 am »
I suggest the dealers active on AC get put in the front of the line  :icon_twisted:

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2009, 07:24 pm »
I agree completely  :wink:

mhconley

« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2009, 11:56 pm »
Resurrecting an old topic...

Did the VR4 JR Anniversaries ever happen?

Martin

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2009, 12:53 am »

Martin

mhconley,

I checked out your 2CH system.  You have nothing to apologize for.  Very nice.

mhconley

« Reply #11 on: 9 May 2009, 03:00 pm »

Martin

mhconley,

I checked out your 2CH system.  You have nothing to apologize for.  Very nice.

es347,

Thanks for the comments.  I enjoy my system immensely.  Its capabilities never fail to impress me.  I am regularly astounded by its clarity, range, dynamic, and soundstage.  Every time I pull out another old recording I have not heard recently whether it be LP or digital disc I hear new detail I never knew was there.  I have also found the occasional recording to be completely unlistenable because the transparency of my system reveals how poorly it was recorded.

I resurrected this old thread because I don't see the VR4 JR Anniversaries on the VSA website.  I was just wondering if they were ever produced or if Mr. Von Schweikert still has plans to make them.  With the new Unifield series coming out and VSA's move away from the "low end"  (like they were ever there except in terms of price) I am thinking that they may never materialize.

I checked out your system after finding the photos of your VR5 Anniversaries under construction in another thread.  Very, very nice - Mac and VSA - must be quite a potent combo... and the room is quite nice, too.

I find it interesting that VSA is now located in Murrieta - I worked in Temecula from the mid through late 1980's back when that area just started booming.  There were less than 3,000 people in Temecula/Rancho California/Murrieta when I started working out there - now there are over 100,000.  And I was in San Marcos before that (VSA's location before moving to Murrieta) in the late 1970's until I started in Temecula.  I still drive/fly down to San Diego quite often as I have many old friends in the area.

Martin 

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2009, 04:37 am »
What if,,, what if, you could capture the same or better VR4Jr/Anniversary sound in a smaller package,, cabinet?   I'll go out on the limb here,,, no I won't,,, the new Unified 2's mirror the musical essence of the 4's in a hefty stand mounted monitor enclosure..  Absolutely terrific!

Jack

mhconley

« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2009, 09:34 pm »
What if,,, what if, you could capture the same or better VR4Jr/Anniversary sound in a smaller package,, cabinet?   I'll go out on the limb here,,, no I won't,,, the new Unified 2's mirror the musical essence of the 4's in a hefty stand mounted monitor enclosure..  Absolutely terrific!

Jack

But at what price multiple... that is my concern - bang for the buck - something that the Jr's had in spades.

Martin

NB_Dude

« Reply #14 on: 5 Jun 2009, 11:52 pm »
As far as their website goes, does anyone know if their strange email system works on that website or do they just ignore them ?  I have tried twice now with no repsonce, trying to find the closest dealer to me on the east coast of Canada..

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #15 on: 6 Jun 2009, 01:25 pm »
You might try calling them.  I've always had good luck getting in touch that way.