Ack! dAck versus Eastsound E5

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« on: 5 Aug 2005, 04:56 am »
I used to own the Ack!, the version just before 2.0 came out.  Now I own Eastsound E5 CDP.  In my system with the Hyperion 938s, the E5 is so much better.  It has all the liquidity in the midrange the Ack! is known for, but it goes many steps further in terms of bass and high freq extension, huge soundstage when called for, better imaging, and more natural sound to my ears.  Most importantly, it is more emotionally involving.  Anyone hear this player from China?

ctviggen

« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2005, 05:05 pm »
The 2.0 fixes the low frequency and high frequency extension problems for the Ack (at least in my system).  I however have not heard the E5.  I just took my 1.2d to my friend's, who has a Proceed CDP.  The Proceed CDP I thought was nicer than the Ack 1.2d.  We did not use the same interconnects, though, and I also accidentally reversed the interconnects I brought.  I have the Proceed PMDT, which is a trasport only.  In my system, the Ack Dack 2.0 is better than using the DAC in my Proceed AVP.  Additionally, I've compared the Ack 1.2d versus a Shengya, and like the Ack better.  However, again I used different interconnects.  (I did this so that I could switch back and forth between the two.)  Did you use the same interconnects?

Dracule1

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2005, 04:13 am »
ctviggen,

I have not heard the Ack! 2.0, but I did hear that it fixes some of the major complaints of the previous versions.  I also owned the Shengya tubed CDP.  Overall, I did prefer the Ack! over the Shengya.  I did use the same IC in comparing the Ack! and E5.  I may try the 2.0 in the future, since many feel it is a major improvement over the previous versions.  Do you think the soundstage/imaging of the 2.0 is significantly better than the previous versions?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2005, 04:31 am »
What happen to the post by Occam ???
    What do I do if there is trouble?
    The basic moderation mechanism of this site consists of moving a thread to somewhere more appropriate, and splitting it if necessary. Often, Limbo is a good place to move a thread if it's getting overheated; from there it can be restored to good health, or if it continues to degenerate, moved into Fight Club. If in doubt, move the thread into Limbo and then confer with the Council. In all cases, you must never edit or delete anyone's else's post.
    [/list:u]
      Looks like it disappeared.... :scratch: [/list:u]

Dracule1

• Facilitator
      « Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:20 am »
      Lonewolfny42,  

Thanks for the information regarding deleting posts.  I did not realize the options available for a facilitator.  I will not delete posts in the future.  If there is a mechanism to restore deleted posts, I will.  I did not want to start an ugly flame war here.  Please go to Council Chambers as I have responded to this matter there.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20535&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

lonewolfny42

« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:27 am »
      Quote from: Dracule1
      Lonewolfny42,  

Thanks for the information regarding deleting posts.  I did not realize the options available for a facilitator.  I will not delete posts in the future.  Please go to Council Chambers as I have responded to this matter there.
      They were not my posts you deleted, just noticed they were gone...but I'm sure Occam will wish to speak to you. He must be sleeping...I don't sleep. Good luck.... :wink:

Dracule1

• Facilitator
      « Reply #6 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:30 am »
      Lonewolfny,

If you go to the thread in Council Chambers (I listed link above), you'll understand what happened.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:31 am »
      Lonewolfny,

If you go to the thread in Council Chambers (I listed link above), you'll understand what happened.
        The topic or post you requested does not exist....

Dracule1

• Facilitator

lonewolfny42

« Reply #9 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:34 am »
        Try this:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=20535&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10
          The topic or post you requested does not exist...

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:35 am »
          Worry about it tomorrow...get some rest. :wink:

Dracule1

• Facilitator
          « Reply #11 on: 8 Aug 2005, 05:37 am »
          Hmm... I don't know why you can't get to the post as the link works fine for me.  Go to Council Chambers under General Circles and look for my thread titled "Thank you for accepting me as a council member".  Follow the posts within the thread to the last several posts.  Hope this works.