Installing No Res in Servo Sub cabinets

subsonic1050

Installing No Res in Servo Sub cabinets
« on: 13 Jun 2021, 07:46 pm »
When installing the No Res in a servo sub H frame cabinet, does the no res fill each "chamber" all the way back to the driver? It's hard to tell from pictures whether there is any gap at the back of the chamber between the no res and the driver. I noticed Danny mention on a different type of speaker build that the no res should stay an inch away from the radius on the backside of the driver - should I be doing the same on the servo subs - which would essentially mean making the no res 1" shorter than the depth of the chamber?

mikeeastman

Re: Installing No Res in Servo Sub cabinets
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2021, 08:27 pm »
There is a 1 inch setback on my Super7s so I'd say yes.

Squeaks

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2021, 07:34 am »
Mine don’t touch the driver on both sides, just flush at the front for beauty. Can’t recall exactly how deep off hand, But it’s either 4.5” or 5”.

I used this as a guide from a member here..

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2021, 07:38 pm »
I cut the No-Rez into four 6-5/8” strips along the 27” length then cut each piece in half. That gives me 8 same size pieces for each driver. Start with the first piece in a corner then follow around the opening.

You can also cut the four strips along the 24” side then cut the strips to the exact width of the opening minus the thickness of the No-Rez.

The first method gives the widest piece as long as the pieces are long enough to fill the opening. The second method insures the pieces will be long enough but aren’t as wide

subsonic1050

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2021, 06:21 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone - I'm hoping to get the No Res installed in the next day or two!

dougthebiker

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2021, 01:58 pm »
What's the best thing to cut No-rez with if you don't have a table saw?

subsonic1050

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2021, 04:51 pm »
I cut mine on a bandsaw, but you can also cut it with a straight edge and a utility knife if you have to. A few people on this forum have done it that way.

Vince in TX

« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2021, 10:05 pm »
I did straight edge and utility knife.   The utility knife can get dull and make ugly cuts if you're not careful.   A bandsaw would make a much cleaner cut, I'm sure, but I just used the rough cuts on the back of the boxes where they aren't visible and used the factory edge on the front of the cabinets.