Air Conditioning Suggestions

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Air Conditioning Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jan 2016, 11:54 am »
Thanks Escott,
I have had Samsung before, the plastics panels are too fragile to my taste and the instalation need to be precision work.

My neighbor spinster downstairs also has 2 Samsung 9000 btu and the external units is very quiet.
Wait there is a LG even more affordable in this shop for R1.578,00
https://www.econtinental.com.br/ar-condicionado-split-lg-smile-18000-btu-frio-220v
Iam in doubt now.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #21 on: 28 Jan 2016, 11:55 am »
Escott1377,

300 s.f./ton??  Are you sure?  That seems way high, unless you've got an uninsulated, really drafty house.  Most installations I've seen run closer to 1,000 s.f./ton, but again this is a wild ass guess, the kind I despise, and can lead to the very sort of problems you mention.  Maybe you live in swamp country, but in Michigan my 10 year old house (2200 s.f. with finished basement) has a 3 ton unit and we have no problem maintaining comfort.  Most residential units I've seen max out at 5 tons.

FRM,

Hard for us (mostly Americans) to give better advice on oversees brands.  Find a reputable installer.  He'll carry good brands and hopefully can properly sizethe air in the house. the unit for your needs.  Use word of mouth, online reviews, and ask for a list of 5 recent customers.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2016, 08:48 am »
Too bad the LG become outstock, so I ordered the Samsung.
Thanks all for help :thumb:

Escott1377

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2016, 10:44 am »
Escott1377,

300 s.f./ton??  Are you sure?  That seems way high, unless you've got an uninsulated, really drafty house.  Most installations I've seen run closer to 1,000 s.f./ton, but again this is a wild ass guess, the kind I despise, and can lead to the very sort of problems you mention.  Maybe you live in swamp country, but in Michigan my 10 year old house (2200 s.f. with finished basement) has a 3 ton unit and we have no problem maintaining comfort.  Most residential units I've seen max out at 5 tons.

FRM,

Hard for us (mostly Americans) to give better advice on oversees brands.  Find a reputable installer.  He'll carry good brands and hopefully can properly sizethe air in the house. the unit for your needs.  Use word of mouth, online reviews, and ask for a list of 5 recent customers.

That estimate is off once I looked back at it.  Again, I don't deal witht the residential side of the business.  I have always been witht the commercial product and when I get inquiries at work, I direct them to our residential team.

I have a 3000 sq ft house with a 4 ton unit here in the south.  My system is zoned between the upstairs and downstairs but on a design day in the middle of the summer, cannot make temperature throughout the house.

This is only for maybe a week in August so we just stay downstairs and direct the majority of the airflow in that direction.