Newbie wonders if the Icon is a good answer?

39steps

Newbie wonders if the Icon is a good answer?
« on: 30 Aug 2009, 04:35 am »
I see how the Icon works with a Mac or an iPhone and some smallish, nearby speakers, but is it expandable beyond that?
I have a small room with a pair of Klipsch KG3's (specs: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kg-3-specifications/) and a Marantz CD-63. My Luxman R-115 (was with KG4's) has been drafted upstairs for AV duty. I'd like to be able to play both radio and MP3's from my iPhone, and cd's in the Marantz, and listen to the KG3's.
I could go with something like an inexpensive, 2 channel NAD C 315 BEE integrated amp, but I thought it would be more fun with an Icon and a power amp.
Can I do that? Can I use the Icon as a pre-amp in this scenario with an inexpensive Onkyo M-282 power amp? Icon has 3 inputs, including 3.5 stereo and RCA, so I see how the iPhone and the Marantz can get in, but is there a way out into a power amp?
Advice greatly appreciated.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Newbie wonders if the Icon is a good answer?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2009, 04:50 am »
39steps....

Good question about the Icon..... :thumb:

Let's see what Jason at Nuforce has to say....I'll move your post to the Nuforce Circle....good luck and welcome to AC.

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2009, 03:35 pm »
From the manual available online:

Using the Line Out
The Line Out can be connected to an additional power amp or amps. In this mode, the Nuforce Icon can be used as an USB DAC or preamp.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2009, 06:38 am »
I will explain all the desktop products in a separate topic: Nuforce Icon Family of Products for 2009 so customers can decide which products to use