Butcher Block under all the equipment.. exotic wood pen blanks!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
My local Rockler carried pen blanks, and probably knife scales too.
Or you can order online
https://www.rockler.com/wood/knife-scales
https://www.rockler.com/power-tools/wood-turning/pen-blanks/natural-wood-pen-blanks

Woodcraft also is online and has B&M stores
https://www.woodcraft.com/categories/turning-wood

Thank you for links. As I mentioned before the Ebony blanks under transformers are very affective in controlling resonance and vibration. Great for DIY projects and custom retrofit.

charles

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2019, 07:49 pm by Elizabeth »

gab

I am asking that the offending posts be removed or kill the whole thread.
Just because you found a great spot to hawk you stuff, does not mean the person who started the thread has to go along with it.

No no no. Please don't remove or kill. I love seeing these pictures of wood and the woodworking. My $0.02

gab

Elizabeth

T'
« Last Edit: 9 Sep 2019, 07:48 pm by Elizabeth »

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
  S. Clark was offering the same FREE wood on another site maybe he just was not clear enough. He is a very generous person from my experience.

charles

gab

S. Clark was offering the same FREE wood on another site maybe he just was not clear enough. He is a very generous person from my experience.

charles

Yeah he's a good guy. Fellow Texan!

gab

PS - we got LOTs of mesquite around here. There is even a suburb of Dallas named after it :thumb:

Elizabeth

-

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Let me make it perfectly clear.  I had offered to go out and cut some mesquite with my saws and my time for the cost of driving to the post office and shipping.  This offer still stands... except for those I consider to be dicks. 

Also, if you start a thread at AC, you don't own the damn thing-- so get off the mine and my crap.  Hope that makes my position clear.

Elizabeth

Let me make it perfectly clear.  I had offered to go out and cut some mesquite with my saws and my time for the cost of driving to the post office and shipping.  This offer still stands... except for those I consider to be dicks. 

Also, if you start a thread at AC, you don't own the damn thing-- so get off the mine and my crap.  Hope that makes my position clear.
Yeah I guess you CAN hijack any thread you please, anytime. Not my problem.

S Clark

You have a problem if you think offering some of my wood for footers, which is exactly what this thread is about, is hijacking.  You seriously think this is something other than a generous offer of my time?  Wow. 

sunnydaze

They should have started their OWN THREAD. not take over mine, then whine at ME for saying something. Which is particularly galling to me. I have already asked the moderator to send it to be fixed, removing the' for sale' posts.
This thread was just fine until the problem posts came along. 
I guess I can repeat myself if I want.

Sounds a bit cranky to me.

"Get off my lawn, kid!"       :lol:

WGH

I have four (4) mesquite cubes I will give away. The blocks are exactly 2-1/2" square on all sides so they can be flipped in any direction, sanded smooth and ready for finishing.

Elizabeth are you interested?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
I don't believe Elizabeth will be responding.

I've used the same maple blocks I made years ago under most of my equipment.  My results are very similar to Charles, except I would say more clarity than brightness, but that's just semantics and personal preference.  I'd consider the results the same and adds credence to the notion that different woods make significant differences when used under electronics.

hifix

I've tried pine and Bamboo but not mesquite.  I dont think that timber is available in Australia.

S Clark

I've tried pine and Bamboo but not mesquite.  I dont think that timber is available in Australia.
It's native to the desert South West of the United State and Mexico.  Depending on rainfall, it's a scrubby tree with large thorns and is considered a pest by ranchers due it's reputed large uptake of water.   But the main thing is its density, both g/cm3 and ring growth.  The density is twice that of red oak and about 15% less than hard maple.  Since it's native to areas with significant drought, the growth rings are often densely packed. 
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2019, 03:23 pm by S Clark »

wushuliu

Just put your gear on top of some cane toads. Tell us how it sounds...

S Clark

Just put your gear on top of some cane toads. Tell us how it sounds...
I've heard if you lick their backs you can hear all the colors of the rainbow! :thumb:

WGH

The cane toads come in 4 sizes depending on the size of your gear

http://toadshop.com/stuffed-cane-toad

Rusty Jefferson

What's the point of someone removing all their posts?  What am I missing?

sunnydaze

What's the point of someone removing all their posts?  What am I missing?

Hissy fit?

"I'm gonna take my ball and go home!"     :roll: