Skiing Ninja mods

chgolatin2

Skiing Ninja mods
« on: 21 Mar 2010, 03:03 pm »
I recently sent my Crossover from my PSP B25 speakers to the Ninja Master himself for a brand new pair of custom made crossovers $286  :wink: By the time all is done, I have spent almost $650 to $700 total.   Hopefully, it will be a worthy upgrade mod  :roll:

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
Re: Skiing Ninja mods
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2010, 04:02 pm »
The Ninja rocks.  :thumb:

I did the Budo upgrade with no-rez to my X-LS, sent my Reference 3s directly to him for the Master upgrade with platinum caps and no rez, and one of my RS1000Ks is on my kitchen table right now, I'm half-way through putting in no-rez and a master upgrade.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2010, 05:08 pm »
I recently sent my Crossover from my PSP B25 speakers to the Ninja Master himself for a brand new pair of custom made crossovers $286  ;) By the time all is done, I have spent almost $650 to $700 total.   Hopefully, it will be a worthy upgrade mod  :roll:

Well seeing how you took the time to start a thread concerning a "rolling eyes" pricetag that you were still willing pay, I don't see why you're having a problem with it to the point of having to start a thread about it.  :scratch:  But more to the point, I hope you'll spend even more time posting the results of this crossover upgrade so there will be something here to read about. Thanks.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

chgolatin2

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2010, 03:50 pm »
Hmmmm, now I'm concern!  First off, I'M NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS especially when modding but as you may that everything cost money, so the reason for the "rolling eyes" is just a figure of speech "not that I need to explain myself."  I just hope that everything turns out to be worthwhile thats basically it.

chgolatin2

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2010, 03:52 pm »
 By the way, Boston Red Sox could never compare themselves with New York Yankees no matter how many times they win a Championship!   :eyebrows: :wink: :lol: GO NEW YORK!!!  :)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2010, 03:56 pm »
Still got nothing to say hea?  :lol:

I hope you'll spend even more time posting the results of this crossover upgrade so there will be something here to read about. Thanks.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

GeorgeHudetz

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2010, 04:06 am »
I'm very happy with my ninja-upgraded Ref3s.  The Sean actually flew to my house, installed the upgrades, and then we drove together to the Lincoln City audio GTG last fall and let people have a listen.

Most interesting to me was when we moved the Ref3s out of the room were most of the "regular" speakers were and into the HT room, which had been converted to a Salk listening room.  I thought the Ninja-modified Ref3s aquitted themselves well against most of Jim's work, at least in that room.  Other than his top-tier speakers (which were near-final prototypes and absolutely fabulous sounding) I had a hard time distinguishing the Ref3s from the various Veracity speakers he had set up.

Now, take this with a grain of salt, as I heard the various speakers over the course of the day, not back to back, and, as we all know, a GTG listening session is much different than a detailed comparison in your home environment.  But again, I found the Ninja Ref3s had that same, room-filling, pleasing sound that the HT2s (I think they were) had.

Sean is a great guy, BTW (as is Jim!).

chgolatin2

« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2010, 05:36 am »

Old crossovers

New crossovers

New crossovers installed  :thumb: awesome sounding, greatly improved the sound, imaging and bass! 

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 9 May 2010, 05:52 am »
Thanks for the pictures.  :thumb:  So do you feel it was a worthwhile upgrade for the price paid?

Cheers,
Robin

TONEPUB

« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2010, 08:05 am »
Love the Ninja updates to my Magnepan 1.6's.  They far exceed the performance of the new 1.7....