Anyone tried this??

95bcwh

Anyone tried this??
« on: 21 Sep 2007, 05:59 pm »

Some claim it improve transparency, soundstage :green: :green:

Big Red Machine

Re: Anyone tried this??
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2007, 06:39 pm »
Only the 'fresh out of the field' works.  Any man-made fiber is full of bad tone and should be avoided.

(troublemaker, aren't you?!) :nono:

IronLion

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2007, 06:42 pm »
The best method is to use the lint balls that come off your socks, so long as they're made of 100% wool.  Soundstage explodes around you this way, but the lint must be recharged every month with new lint from your socks. 

martyo

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2007, 06:48 pm »
I thought it was navel lint.  :)

BrianM

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2007, 06:49 pm »
Dammit, I was putting the stuff in my ears, to facilitate smoother sound wave to auditory receptor coupling.

95bcwh

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2007, 08:35 pm »
ok, sorry.. I should have provided the link of the company selling this stuff:
http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/psa100/psa100_01.html

And here's a bored guy who recently did the experiment with cotton wool, here's what he said: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote from: Stanly link=board=tell&num=1189918229&start=0#0 date=09/16/07 at 12:50:29

I was quite boring today when i came across Acoustic Revive website....where they are selling some cotton wool to reduce standing waves, which is claimed to improve sound quality.

Hence i did a small experiment. I use some normal cotton wool on speaker cables, interconnect, powercord as how they would use the Acoustic revive product.....

Wow....i was quite surprised.....the soundstage suddenly become clearer and more transparent....in short the sound opens up and is more detailed....quite amazing.... :o

Maybe normal cotton does absorb standing waves too...... ;)