FREE SVS PC13-Ultra!!

srosenberg

FREE SVS PC13-Ultra!!
« on: 2 Dec 2015, 05:46 pm »
Yep, FREE SVS PC-13 Ultra. 

What's the catch?  The amp died.  Sub was working flawlessly until last weekend.  I tried replacing the fuse, but the amp will still not power up, so no $3 fixes here.  A brand new Sledge amp from SVS is around $400, so for $400 you could have the sub back up and running, or you could keep it as is and use it for parts.  It would also make a pretty cool looking door stop.  Or pedestal for that Mozart bust you've been wanting to display.  The options are limitless.

Disclaimer: I do not know if there are other issues with the sub, nor am I equipped to make this determination.  What I can say is that everything was working perfectly, I heard a popping noise, then the amp wouldn't power up.  Changing the fuse did not remedy the situation.

Shipping is not an option, but if you're in Portland, I'm willing to meet in the NW / Beaverton area.

-Scott

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: FREE SVS PC13-Ultra!!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2015, 06:38 pm »
I am south of you in the Eugene/Corvallis area.  I could come up to the big city in a week or so if it's still available.

IF not no big whoop.

Alan

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2015, 02:03 am »
Man. Why do great opportunities pop up while I'm out of the country? Lucky day for Alan.

aldcoll

« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2015, 02:06 am »
I have yet to hear from the owner.  You remember the first time I came to your door and you tried to slam it shut just as I stuck my baseball bat in :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2015, 03:34 pm »
Yes, I do. Luckily, I noticed the bottle of The Abyss in your other hand in the nick of time. You're always welcome to visit me in Corvallis or Taiwan. We have a guest bedroom here - nothing fancy, mind you.  :thumb:

aldcoll

« Reply #5 on: 4 Dec 2015, 11:12 pm »
Yep, FREE SVS PC-13 Ultra. 

What's the catch?  The amp died.  Sub was working flawlessly until last weekend.  I tried replacing the fuse, but the amp will still not power up, so no $3 fixes here.  A brand new Sledge amp from SVS is around $400, so for $400 you could have the sub back up and running, or you could keep it as is and use it for parts.  It would also make a pretty cool looking door stop.  Or pedestal for that Mozart bust you've been wanting to display.  The options are limitless.

Disclaimer: I do not know if there are other issues with the sub, nor am I equipped to make this determination.  What I can say is that everything was working perfectly, I heard a popping noise, then the amp wouldn't power up.  Changing the fuse did not remedy the situation.

Shipping is not an option, but if you're in Portland, I'm willing to meet in the NW / Beaverton area.

-Scott

Thanks Scott for the fast transaction. And you did the heavy lifting.

Alan

srosenberg

« Reply #6 on: 5 Dec 2015, 12:59 am »
You're welcome!!  I hope you are able to get the sub up and running again... please let me know how you make out.

-Scott

aldcoll

« Reply #7 on: 5 Dec 2015, 01:12 am »
I think the half tank of gas will cost more then the part from what I can see at this point.

srosenberg

« Reply #8 on: 5 Dec 2015, 05:10 am »
Alan, that's FANTASTIC to hear!!  I hope it's an easy fix and you have it up and running again in short order.